corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » T-Mobile selling information - Can I use to get out of contract?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author T-Mobile selling information - Can I use to get out of contract?
Tiesto

User status: Offline
17th Nov 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw on the news that T-Mobile staff were selling personal information of customers to other phone companies.

I have had the odd phone call from some asking if I want upgrades etc. Annoying really.

Unfortunatley I am with T-Mobile till March, can i use this to try wriggle out of it?
Bart

17th Nov 09 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would leave it a few days, there's interesting talks on whats going to happen.

In reality, its not a big deal, most companies you sign up information to do the same.
bubble

17th Nov 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiesto
Saw on the news that T-Mobile staff were selling personal information of customers to other phone companies.

I have had the odd phone call from some asking if I want upgrades etc. Annoying really.

Unfortunatley I am with T-Mobile till March, can i use this to try wriggle out of it?

this will be very interesting, the mobile phone number you have does belong to your network in the eyes of the law, what has happened with the information doesnt have a detrimental effect on your network service, therefore its going to be easy for t-mob to get out of this. basically, a number you rent from t-mob is being called by another company, you are essentially just the user, so dont really have a leg to stand on.

there is nothing illegal about any network having access to any customers number in the uk, the problem arises when the information is SOLD to somebody else.

this will be a very interesting development, as t-mob usa have just been fined a ridiculous amount of money for loosing the information of millions of customers details, and their personal info.

New Poll