corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Microsoft Office Error Message

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Microsoft Office Error Message
RCS

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I go to open any Office 2007 application (Word, Excel etc) I get an error messge stating 'Microsoft Office Word has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application'. I'm on Vista.

I only have one account on the laptop, and its set as administrator. Tried changing security settings but didn't work. Deleted some new updates and that didn't fix it, although there are some I cant delete. Uninstalled it and reloaded it but it stills come up with the same error? These were all common suggestions after a google session.

Anybody any ideas?
James_DT

3rd Nov 09 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a pirated copy by any chance?

Try deleting MSO.dll from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12, then running a repair installation.

If it's real, something to try is to search for OPA12.DAT, and set the file permissions to allow Everyone full control.

[Edited on 03-11-2009 by James_DT]
RCS

3rd Nov 09 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was a cracked copy. Uninstalled that and installed a legit copy and got the same.

Will go try that cheers.
James_DT

3rd Nov 09 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Uninstalling it doesn't remove MSO.dll, which is why you'll need to delete it manually before reinstalling the legit copy.
MSO.dll is modified by one of the updates that detects pirated copies, so you need to remove it by hand before reinstalling even a legit copy.
RCS

3rd Nov 09 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deleted that OPA12.dat file and ran the activation thing and its sorted it! Cheers for the help!
James_DT

3rd Nov 09 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries.

New Poll