corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » heater problem - r reg astra

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author heater problem - r reg astra
MarkW

User status: Offline
1st Nov 09 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

evening all

i know this strictly doesn't belong on this site, but as i used to be a fully signed up member i figured it was as good a place as any to ask the questions, and hopefully someone can help;

i've got an r reg astra 5 door, 1.6 8v shopping wagon, tip runner any way the heaters dont seem to work at all. if i try to select any of the 3 dials on the centre console, heat / cool, fan speed and fan location absoloutly nothing happens. now i know the rest of the cooling works ie radiator and fan etc so i'm wondering wther its a problem with a relay or a componet or fuse? also the heated rear window doesn't work - is this all pointing to one relay???

if anyone has any suggestions and more importantly the best places to start fault finding it would be greatly appreciated, as its starting to get cold!

also the radio wont save the settings, i'm guessing a need a constant feed, if anyone has any suggestions for this it would also be most welcome?

reidy22

1st Nov 09 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heaters are bad in the mk3s the heaters will be down 2 the resistor pick them up for pennys either that or check fuse box cause sounds like a fuse is burnt out aswell
p16vlv

2nd Nov 09 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

resistor underneath the plastic scuttle panel, under the pollen filter. if the pollen filters wet bin it.
MarkW

3rd Nov 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys, i'll take a look

i've replaced a fuse, so resistor seems the next sensible option....
reidy22

3rd Nov 09 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no worrys

New Poll