corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 51 plate corsa c starting trouble

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 51 plate corsa c starting trouble
MarkSport

User status: Offline
29th Oct 09 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All

Just wondering if someone can help me asap

My mate has a 51 plate corsa c and its developed starting problems.Now i know commen faults are the maf meter and the crank sensor on the x10xe (thats if it is the x10 and not the z10?)

I have sdone a full check on injectors,coilpack,plugs,battery,fuses etc etc but still no luck

if turns over but dont give it the full fire to start :bioggle:

would a crank sensor sort it? or is there a way to do a paperclip style test on the c?
MarkSport

29th Oct 09 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come on guys
johnhara1

30th Oct 09 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a paperclip style test for the corsa C:

Copied from CCUK:

No need for Tech 2 or any sort of code readers and Most of Vauxhall dealers don’t know about this....

Want to read the Code well first
Take a deep breath get your car keys and get a pen and paper

When you get into the car you know the key has 3 clicks first on for whatever it is second the dash comes on third the starter kicks in

before you put the key into the ignition Make sure that you Press the Break and the Throttle to the Floor ( max
Then turn the key on until The dash board come on and DONT START THE CAR
Wait 2 sec and keep the pedals Down to the floor
the service light under the management light should start flashing

it will flash 4 times leaving 2 second space representing each number
Zero gets 10 flashes

for exampleP0110
the light will flash ten times Break (2sec Or 1 not sure) then once, (2sec) once again, then ten

if you have more than one code it will stop for a break then gives the next code
its not a very useful way but helps when you dont want to go to the dealer for a lose socket

this is for Corsa C the Newer models have even better way to tell you the code i think which is on your Mileage Display It will show ECN0 XXXX
which is error code Number forget the zero and the last four digits is what you want

and this works for an astra Too
ive tested this on my own corsa and worked Very well

however if you don’t have any code stored it will start Flashing and keeps on flashing until you release the paddles

New Poll