corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Am I being petty?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Am I being petty?
dannymccann

User status: Offline
16th Oct 09 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This car constantly parks opposite my driveway (look for the drain on the road, thats almost in the middle of my drive). Now it is wide enough (just) to swing in and out, but can be touch and go depending on where the slut decides to park. I was always taught not to park outside or opposite someone's driveway. Would this piss you off / is there anything I can / should do about it?

In the current picture, its hard to swing in, not hard to get out, but sometimes she will park further along and therefore it be very tricky to get out without fucking about reversing the wrong way to have to go to the end of the road to turn around

[Edited on 16-10-2009 by dannymccann]
Colin

16th Oct 09 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Park your own car there for a bit, she might take the hint!!

Although technically shes not doing anything wrong, your drives not blocked.

Do over the road not have any allocated parking?
dannymccann

16th Oct 09 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think all the houses have 1 allocated parking space each, she is some sort of visitor (every day I might add), but then again everyone's parking space is at the back of their houses and they are too damn lazy to park round there and walk out the front, so at night its almost a one way road due to the amount of cars I have 1 of the driveways out of the total of 4 down the whole street

edit - plus where she is parking is on a corner, and a dangerous one at that, almost opposite a junction as well

*faceplant*

[Edited on 16-10-2009 by dannymccann]
AndyKent

16th Oct 09 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had the same problem with the people living over the road from us. Would park bang over our driveway every day making it difficult for mum to reverse off the driveway.

I parked my car there every day for a month and then went back to my usual spot. They don't park there any more
Tom

16th Oct 09 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are being petty imo. If it causes you a problem then fine, if you think it might one day cause you a problem but it hasn't yet you need to lighten up and stop acting like that old man who used to keep your football if you kicked it into his garden when you were a kid
Colin

16th Oct 09 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a few mates to come round,pick it up & lift onto the pavement.....shouldnt be too heavy its only an A-class!!

I can see the problem & would have anticipated that road being a ball ache stopping me from moving there!! There seems to be no visitor parking...........not a well planned estate!!
Cavey

16th Oct 09 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do what Colin suggested first of all, either park in that spot, or park on the kerb in front of your house, would stop her parking there then, do it for a week or two, she should stop really
dannymccann

16th Oct 09 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last time I left our car on the road parked it got hit, its still sporting the bruise to the front passenger side of the bumper

As I said its not a HUGE problem right now, as that car is tiny, and it doesnt cause a obstruction yet, but if she does start causing Ill have to go with the parking in her place thing.

Its only rented Col and I need the garage I get with this place for my bike Plus I like the area, its nice
mwg

16th Oct 09 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just ask her if she can park a bit further along in either direction as it makes getting in and out of your drive a pain where she currently parks.

If that fails slash her tyres.
chloe16v

17th Oct 09 at 01:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a car what that parks right across my nans drive the people go to the house next door to her, (ok she doesnt use her drive) theres a telegraph pole that they park up to so if i turn up to my nans and the car is parked there i make a habit of parking mm's away from the bumper so they cant get out, they havent parked there for a couple of weeks now
Hammer

17th Oct 09 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just so happens A classes can be tipped with ease.....
Sam
Premium Member

17th Oct 09 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think that's too bad IMO. I assume you don't park a bus or a lorry in your driveway?
J da Silva

17th Oct 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH it's a piece of piss to park a car in said circumstances, also she pays her road tax, so my response to you (If I was her) would be " Give me £205 and I'll park wherever you want me to".

Just fuck her instead, much better.
dannymccann

17th Oct 09 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
Just fuck her instead, much better.

Not sure this is a 'fiancee friendly' solution

Not really worth jeopardizing either
J da Silva

17th Oct 09 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh... Can't you just burn her car out then?
Edd

18th Oct 09 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just reverse into your drive?
Brett
Premium Member

20th Oct 09 at 01:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had similar problems at my house.

First of all, other peoples visitors park directly outside my house on the kerb, so now I simply leave the dustbin there which solves that one.

Secondly, people park opposite my driveway, so I don't stick my car on the drive and just double park it on the kerb opposite the other car. This way it avoids confrontation for me and people trying to pass will go and tell the other people to move. What if they knock on my door you ask? I don't answer.

2-0 Brett

EDIT: I should point out that I really dislike my neighbours

[Edited on 20-10-2009 by loafofbrett]
jungle

20th Oct 09 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would'nt say it's petty mate as i have the exact same problem just now altho ours is a smaller bit of road but then i don't like the neighbours either so that kinda helps me out had a couple of small arguements with ours allready but i don't back down

New Poll