corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PC vs Xbox/ps3 graphics WaW/COD4

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PC vs Xbox/ps3 graphics WaW/COD4
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Oct 09 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, just curious really as to what the graphics are like on the above platforms on either of them games. I've never played WaW on a console, just COD 4 briefly. I'm just wondering what the graphics are like, how good they are compared to what I play like on the PC. I got thinking about the comparison in the prices, like, out of the box the consoles deliver the game at top spec but with a PC you need a relatively good rig to run the game in full resolution with all the settings at maximum.

Are you able to get a screen shot?

Also, in game can you alter any of the graphics/texture/resolution settings?

Cheers

edit: spelling

[Edited on 05-10-2009 by DannyB]
bigboykarl

5th Oct 09 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i ain't played any on the pc...but i'm sure pc will be better.. 360/ ps3 is a sealed box of tricks pc =limitless upgrades
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite true, but for the money I have to admit, as much as I hate this, that consoles offer excellent graphics (also 1080p ) for the money.
John

5th Oct 09 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS3 and xbox are better than anything but a massive spec pc, you would have to spend many many time the price of a console to get anywhere close to it.

Yes eventually the console will be old and not as fast as a brand new pc but this takes a while.

The PS3 still has plenty to give graphics wise.
mjw_2k2

5th Oct 09 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye ive got WaW on pc and xbox and my pc is awesome and the difference between both is very noticeable, theres lots of extra settings to bump up the graphics on pc which are just awesome, and you can play with like 50+ people in each game which makes gameplay crazy and more fun than xbox, its just gettin used to the controls which is the problem
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I run my games on the highest spec it offers apart from resolution as with a 43 man server that I play on can get a little laggy at times on full resolution, usually when it's raining arty etc, apart from that though everything is on maximum. I could do with a new graphics card though as this one is about 3 years old, I'll be getting a new one before the release of MW2.
BarnshaW

5th Oct 09 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can say that my ps3 has just as good graphics on games as my PC. I am not a PC geek but the image on 1080p on COD4 is really immense.
FruitBooTeR

5th Oct 09 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not just about gfx though, gameplay too... FPS's are better on a pc FACT

Myself I use my 360 the most as my computer was due an upgrade about 1.5/2 yers ago and havent got any spare money to throw at it yet. So for me atm my xbox is actualy better for games, but If I had the choice and the money id pick PC.

Tomnova16
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS3 cod 4 is definatly better than waw graphcs wise, just more refined and realistic. dont know about pc though

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
BarnshaW

5th Oct 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also just love the ability so sit in my bed with duvets over and play the ps3. its so quick and simple and easy.
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just took a screen shot, excuse the size. I'ts lost a bit of quality through uploading it.

Edit: just checked and the settings werent on the highest when I took this SS , highest resolution is 1680x something and it's so laggy on a packed server.

[Edited on 05-10-2009 by DannyB]
Sunz

5th Oct 09 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played cod4 on ps3 and pc.

Pc was quite a lot better.
Effects were better more realistic, anti tank missile, explosions all these things were much better.
Weapon and player models were sharper around the edges.

even though with the 360/PS3 you would need a high spec pc to beat that in terms of raw power, pc games look better.
My pc is not a massive spec but still games on full look a lot better.

Ps3 sucks because it's harder to port games for it, resulting in bad graphics, something like fallout 3 is a good example, but that's ports and not hardware.
LukeS

5th Oct 09 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not CoD but fallout 3, pretty much the same comparison.

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6202552/index.html
Tomnova16
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that waw screenshot looks virtually identical to ps3 when in hd

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Sunz

5th Oct 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is cod on that comparison LukeS, just scroll down and its on the right after the last screen shot.

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6202552/p-3.html

Was going to stick up for the ps3 and say Metal Gear Solid 4 and killzone have great graphics and were developed only for that console so is a better comparison but tried to find some screen shots and they look terrible, bland and lifeless :/
LukeS

5th Oct 09 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh yeah i remember that one now.
Nic Barnes

5th Oct 09 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
that waw screenshot looks virtually identical to ps3 when in hd

does it hell. thats worlds better and clearer than ps3 or xbox
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Feck, tried to post a ful res but the quality is awfull after hosting it.
MoesTavern

5th Oct 09 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to bear in mind that the xbox/PS3 are over 4 years old hardware-wise so graphically no they can't compete with even a moderately priced gaming PC.

But I've given up PC gaming personally so fuck it my 360 will have to do.

New Poll