corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP!! Cannot enter radio code on a GSI

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP!! Cannot enter radio code on a GSI
corsajoy

User status: Offline
   27th Feb 03 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I friend of mine, who has a GSI 16V, change the battery and when he tried to enter the code for the original blaupunkt radio which comes OEM, he couldn't.... The message "SAFE" reads on the display, and it does not allow him to enter the code.

Anyone who can assist on this weird problem?? Thanks and CHEERS!
Nath

27th Feb 03 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the code is 4144 for example, u have to press 4 4 times, 1 once, 4 4 times, and 4 4 times. Thats what i had to do with my old phillips stereo that came with my car.

[Edited on 27-02-2003 by CorsaNath]
Stu_22

27th Feb 03 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DECODING:

Decoding of the set(Radio) is only poss' with the ignition turned on.

1. Switch on ignition.

2.Switch off the set.

3.Press AS key and keep pressed.

4. Switch on the set. Keep AS key pressed until you hear a confirmation beep. The display shows "CODE" and then "10----" after 3 sec's. The number of remaining attemps to enter the code is shown.

5 Enter the CODE number with preset keys 1,2,3 and 4. If you enter the wrong CODE number overwrite the whole number.
Exmample: The CODE number is 0 3 6 5

PRESET KEYS DISPLAY
1 x key 1 0---
4 x key 2 03--
7 x key 3 036-
6 x key 4 0365

6. Confirm CODE no with AS key: Hold key pressed for approx 3 secs, until you hear a confirmation beep. The set is no longer muted.

7.If a wrong CODE no has been entered and confirmed:
The display shows "SAFE" and after the waiting time "9 ---". Nine attemps are remaining.

Now enter the correct code.

corsajoy

27th Feb 03 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really really thank you for your help!! I'm forwarding your posts to my friend right now!!

Take Care!
SRi_m00k

27th Feb 03 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know how to decode the standard radios?? i didnt get the code wi mine and took it out, lookin to sell the car now and want o put standard back in
jipp

27th Feb 03 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£25 at vaux is the only way i know
bobothebear

27th Feb 03 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was only £15 from a Vauxhall Garage.
They did enter in the Serial number on the computer prior to this, As alot of the time they will have the numbers stored if they have dealt with the car before.(i.e Sold it)

New Poll