corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting original CDR500 back in car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting original CDR500 back in car
Conzy

User status: Offline
31st Aug 03 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am trying to put the original CDR500 cd player back in my corsa at the minunte and can't get it to let me enter the code, when I switch it in it comes up with 'SAFE' on the display and when you hold AS in and put the power on it beeps and then display '6 SAFE' comes up. Has anyone got any ideas how to clear this off the diplay?
RichSxi

31st Aug 03 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as i remeber, this is how to do it mate

"From my owners manual"

If After switching on the radio "SAFE" appears in the display:-

Switch on the ignition

Switch off the radio with the push button

Press AS control and hold down

"CODE" appears in the display, after 3 seconds the number of remaining attempts to enter the CODE number appears e.g.... 10 _ _ _

Enter "CODE" number (on car passcard or radio passcard) using the preset controls

Example if the code is 0 3 6 5

Press 1 once for 0
press 2 four times for 3
press 3 seven times for 6
press 4 six times for 5

Confirm CODE number: if the correct CODE number can be read from the display, press the AS control until a confirmation tone sounds

Muting is disabled

but remember after (6 i think yours is showing) the unit will be completely inoperable. The only fix for this is an expensive one - a complete new unit.

Hope this has been helpful

Conzy

31st Aug 03 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for that, sounds like it is knackered then!

New Poll