corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Coolant bottle question and annoying rattle under 3000 rpm.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Coolant bottle question and annoying rattle under 3000 rpm.
harrisp

User status: Offline
1st Sep 09 at 01:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right starting this again because my last thread got a bit cluttered.

If I let my car get up to temprature its fine but if I take the coolant cap off it boils over? What could be causing that?

Also there is an annoying rattling noise that seems to be coming from the timing side of the engine that fades out after 3000rpm? how can I check what it is?
AK

1st Sep 09 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pressurised water/coolant has a higher boiling point. Dont take the cap off! As long as temps are fine, dont worry.

Noise - if you have friends with a rolling road maybe ask a favour to see if they can just drive it on there whilst you listen.

Check for anything loose first though... heat shields etc

When were belt tensioners last changed?

[Edited on 01-09-2009 by AK]
harrisp

1st Sep 09 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
pressurised water/coolant has a higher boiling point. Dont take the cap off! As long as temps are fine, dont worry.

Noise - if you have friends with a rolling road maybe ask a favour to see if they can just drive it on there whilst you listen.

Check for anything loose first though... heat shields etc

When were belt tensioners last changed?

[Edited on 01-09-2009 by AK]

WIll just leave it then if the temprature ios ok,

tensioner and Idlers were done about 2000 miles ago and it has just had a new belt, will just have to get the cover off and have a poke around, as it does do it when stood still just revving it etc.
It does sound like the noise a heatshiield would make but seems to be coming from the timing end.

New Poll