corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » GT5 could be here soon! **Update** Release quarter confirmed & Now **damage screenshot**

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GT5 could be here soon! **Update** Release quarter confirmed & Now **damage screenshot**
Gavin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Aug 09 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GT5 is similar to the PS3 launch, delayed and will fail to live up to expectation

and this is coming from a ex-PS fanboy

pew pew pew pewwwww
Jamie-C

24th Aug 09 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
Yeah totally^^

Will be ages now if they haven't even finished damage modeling for like 1000 cars.

Why release that footage of visual damage in the first place just looks like gt4 with some broken bumpers.

Its a racing game ffs, obviously it is going to be similar to the last but with different cars and more tracks. What more do you want?

What isn't in GT5 that you would want?
Sunz

24th Aug 09 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gavin
GT5 is similar to the PS3 launch, delayed and will fail to live up to expectation

and this is coming from a ex-PS fanboy

Spot on

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
Yeah totally^^

Will be ages now if they haven't even finished damage modeling for like 1000 cars.

Why release that footage of visual damage in the first place just looks like gt4 with some broken bumpers.

Its a racing game ffs, obviously it is going to be similar to the last but with different cars and more tracks. What more do you want?

What isn't in GT5 that you would want?

5 years in the making and they show that, it's not great from my point of view.
It looks unrealistic to keep bouncing off walls and continue to drive, but if your happy with that then okay.

People seem desperate to get the game no matter how it looks
Jamie-C

24th Aug 09 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I thought that as well, every ones moaning and saying release it now, TBH I think I would rather wait a while until its 100 percent!
MoesTavern

24th Aug 09 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem is all this waiting raises expectations to an unrealistic degree. It simply has to be the best racing game ever when it comes out now, otherwise what's the five year wait been for?

I don't have a problem with Polyphony taking their time to make it spot-on but it's surely gone beyond that now? 3 forza games will have been made and released in between GT4 and 5.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

25th Aug 09 at 07:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

proof is in the pudding you bunch of geeks, I just want a decent driving game for my PS3.
Scotty_B

25th Aug 09 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
proof is in the pudding you bunch of geeks, I just want a decent driving game for my PS3.

My Sigma 10-20 lens is hanging by its balls as this game may see it getting sold for funds.

[Edited on 25-08-2009 by CorSRi_BT]
johnhara1

25th Aug 09 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a feeling this is going to be a massive let down.

Forza will be better.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll