corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Remember the guy from VXRonline who won the lotto...*UPDATE*

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remember the guy from VXRonline who won the lotto...*UPDATE*
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
16th Aug 09 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah true Nath....

I can't see £2 million lasting anyone 40+ years though unless they really did there homework.And after blowing a load on all these cars and houses etc it wouldn't even be that much.Hence the £2 million not being that much
Nath

16th Aug 09 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont even know what kind of house I'd buy or what I earn for a living so now you're just guessing

£2m + normal job could easily last a lifetime.
CORSA NUT

16th Aug 09 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't mean you Nath!

And yes it COULD last a liftime IF you had your head screwed on.The fact is though until you did have that kind of cash you don't know how you would react.Saying and doing things are totally different.
Nath

16th Aug 09 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Furry muff.

There's not a chance in hell I'd spend £2m on cars and homes, that much I do know.
DaNnY_LaD

16th Aug 09 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2million..

Jesus you could just live of the weekly interest..
ed

16th Aug 09 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About £150 a week at the moment... You'd have to do something a bit more clever than stick it in a bank account and expect to live off of the interest.
Nath

16th Aug 09 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaNnY_LaD
2million..

Jesus you could just live of the weekly interest..

If you worked alongside that you'd be good for ages. Monthly wage plus £600 for free.
CORSA NUT

16th Aug 09 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much is the interest on 2 mill?? £150 a week???
DaveyLC

16th Aug 09 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT

You are so far off it hurts

At 2% you could be earning £40k + per year.. thats just over £3k a month before tax.

MarkM

17th Aug 09 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

At 2% you could be earning £40k + per year.. thats just over £3k a month before tax.

Which would be enough to pay your mortgage monthly as normal and live a high standard of life including a a couple of nice cars. You would also have the benefit of the lump sum sitting there should you ever need it.

I would start my own firm too I think and still work.
Ojc

17th Aug 09 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you couldn't survive on 2million and the interest you are doing something wrong.

Once you have paid for your house, as long as your sensible like he had been as that is a perfect sized house you won't need to work again IMO.
DaveyLC

17th Aug 09 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate got £1.7 million (not lottory) about 5 years ago, he bought a £300k house on a interest only mortgage so he could leave the big lump sum in the bank giving him a monthly income and paying the mortgage.

His mortgage follows the base rate so when interest is low his mortgage is almost non-existant but he doesnt make much money and visa-versa
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Aug 09 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless you touched lucky with the rates I don't understand why you would have a loan and savings at the same time.
MarkM

17th Aug 09 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Unless you touched lucky with the rates I don't understand why you would have a loan and savings at the same time.

Because interest from savings may be enough to pay the mortgage and earn you an income. It also means you have not dipped into the money so it's still there should you ever need it.

Cosmo

17th Aug 09 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People do it, 99% of footballers buy their houses mortgaged even though they have the cash sat their to buy if they wanted - I know my Dad used to advise a lot of footballers/general rich people and their are reasons that it is much more beneficial to do this.

I expect its because a decent advisor could get a % return on that lump sum you'd of spent on the house that covers the mortgage interest rate.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Aug 09 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only reason I could think of is that the savings rate is higher than the mortgage rate. Which at the moment I don't think it would be, unless having millions makes things any different.
Daimo B

17th Aug 09 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ people arguing about what they'd do if they won/

You haven't, he has, so stop arguing, there is nothing to argue.

Everyone would do their own thing with their own money. No-one can argue with you for what YOU want to do with it, should you have won (again of which i remind you all, you haven't......).

Oh, talking of which, Euro lottery, I got a ticket here, bet i won nothing, again....

Cosmo should do a CS lottery. Comeon, share the wealth n all that.
DaveyLC

17th Aug 09 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Because you earn more interest on the bigger lump..

My mate gets back X amount a month but only say one 5th of that covers the mortgage, so what ever is left is disposable income and for bills, yes when the rates are low he doesnt have as much disposable income but when the rates are higher he has LOADS of money to spunk.

For most people your income stays the same and your mortgage payments fluctuate but if your income IS interst your mortgage payments are always the same fraction of your income, so say while the rates are as low e.g 0.5% your income might be £1k / month and your mortgage £100 but if the rates go up and your interest income becomes £3k your mortgage will still be roughly the same fraction of your income so you end up with more disposable income unlike job bloggs on a fixed income who ends up with less.
Cosmo

17th Aug 09 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
The only reason I could think of is that the savings rate is higher than the mortgage rate. Which at the moment I don't think it would be, unless having millions makes things any different.

I think it depends what you are going to do with the lump sum. At the moment if it was a toss up between mortgage or just savings account then you're probably best paying the mortgage down. If its another sort of investment then the % return could be much higher and well worth doing.

Both have their benefits imo.
CORSA NUT

17th Aug 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

I didn't exactly research it first Davey..it was in responce to the lad who posted before

Anyway i think we should have a CS lottery???

<<  3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Remember the guy from VXRonline who won the lotto...*UPDATE* 23 database queries in 0.0192280 seconds