corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Remember the guy from VXRonline who won the lotto...*UPDATE*

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remember the guy from VXRonline who won the lotto...*UPDATE*
mwg

User status: Offline
14th Aug 09 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be straight out and buy a Lamborghini LP640 or Zonda or what ever if I won the lottery.

I like that VXR8 but I'd be looking a bit more upmarket and exotic if I had that kind of cash sitting round! Maybe that'd do for a run around car though!
Pablo

14th Aug 09 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesh i would consider that, but more to life then that, id rather have mega holidays and just a sexy fast car for when i do spend a bit time in the UK lol
AndyKent

14th Aug 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't buy a supercar or anything as extravagant as that, but definately wouldn't have bought 4 cars which aren't all that different.

The VXR8 and an R8 for me probably. The missus could keep the Astra.
richc

15th Aug 09 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd buy michelle marsh
GF-91
Banned

15th Aug 09 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
I'd buy michelle marsh

and lucy pinder.
And jodie marsh
VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th Aug 09 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
I wouldn't buy a supercar or anything as extravagant as that, but definately wouldn't have bought 4 cars which aren't all that different.

My missus would kick right off if I bought 2 nice new sport cars and said she can keep the vxr

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
jr

15th Aug 09 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo

Although, i am a little disappointed. As John said, those cars are easily achieveable without a lottery win.

no there not, well a 50k gtr isnt IMO
AndyKent

15th Aug 09 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent

My missus would kick right off if I bought 2 nice new sport cars and said she can keep the vxr

Knowing my missus she'd think the Astra was far too powerful and keep her little Ka, bless
CORSA NUT

16th Aug 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All this i'd buy this and that supercar bollocks from you lot

Winning 2million is fuck all! By the time you give some to family and freinds..bought a house..holiday and a nice ish car there wouldn't be much left to LOOK AFTER a supercar.

If i won more than 2Mill on the other hand it would be a diff. story
Mattb

16th Aug 09 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Winning 2million is fuck all!

Alot of people wont even earn that in a lifetime... so you cant really say its fuck all really, can you???

Colin

16th Aug 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£2M fuck all??

Its more money than any of us lot will have in reddies to spunk as we wish. I'd say its alot
Ben J

16th Aug 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand what he means....it could be easy to spend it all, but with a bit of nouse, and used wisely it would completley change most people lives.
Colin

16th Aug 09 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your not a complete plumb you wont spent it all in a day though.

Id pay off my 120k mortgage, spand 100k on a car and go on a nice holiday....5k?

Bank the rest!!
Ben J

16th Aug 09 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
If your not a complete plumb you wont spent it all in a day though.

Id pay off my 120k mortgage, spand 100k on a car and go on a nice holiday....5k?

Bank the rest!!

I'd do similar....i'd upsize house though, 2 new cars for me, one for wife and buy a Bar/pub and run that and quit my job.
Colin

16th Aug 09 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I wouldnt upsize because its not built yet, id pay off my mortgage and stay put for a while

911 Turbo for me, cooper S convertible for Jade (its what she wants)

Wouldnt do this give money to family shite...I dont like them that much!! Xmas & birthdays would be a bit more exciting for them however.

Wouldnt quit my job.

Few holidays a year maybe a home abroad!

Sorted
Ben J

16th Aug 09 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd get the wife an Audi TTS, because she loves TT's. I'd get a Range Rover Sport for carting the family about and get myself a Caterham R500 for weekends/track and maybe a Porsche Cayman S because i've seen a few recently and really like them.

I'd buy my Dad whatever car he wanted and leave it at that because my parents and in laws have plenty of their own money!!!

[Edited on 16-08-2009 by Ben J]
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Aug 09 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd leave it in the bank and work out what I could buy with the interest.
Ben J

16th Aug 09 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
I'd get the wife an Audi TTS, because she loves TT's. I'd get a Range Rover Sport for carting the family about and get myself a Caterham R500 for weekends/track and maybe a Porsche Cayman S because i've seen a few recently and really like them.

I'd buy my Dad whatever car he wanted and leave it at that because my parents and in laws have plenty of their own money!!!

[Edited on 16-08-2009 by Ben J]

Actually...maybe an R8 instead of a Porker?????

Who knows.....
Ben G

16th Aug 09 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a nice house. as said though, the vxr8 and gtr i'd imagine are probably about the same to a normal person.

the astra and audi are nice everyday cars too, but would want something a bit more special for the weekend.
Nath

16th Aug 09 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
£2M fuck all??

Its more money than any of us lot will have in reddies to spunk as we wish. I'd say its alot

My thoughts also.

Obviousy he thinks by Supercar, people mean Hypercar. If you won £2m you could EASILY afford to buy a nice Ferrari 430 or Lambo Gallardo. Easy. Obviously if you won £2m you wouldnt be looking to buy a Zonda F.
CORSA NUT

16th Aug 09 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think you guys get what i meant don't get me wrong £2 million is a hell of a lot of cash.I meant it as a lottery win and the problems that come with it.

You've all seen the guys etc who have won even the likes of 8 million and have been broke 5 years later! Money is money and no matter how much you have/ make you live in the means of the money you have.And 90% of the population DON'T.

A clear case of this is when you earn more you start spending more..nicer house..nicer car...meals out etc etc .So if your a student now with a Corsa etc and eat ready meals and you suddenly find 2 Million quid in the bank your whole life will change and you'll buy all these nice cars..maybe a nice house and start living the lifestyle? Then in 2 years time when the Ferrari needs a service/clutch and it costs maybe 10K or not to mention the petrol and insurance costs and the upkeep to your big house you'll find you can't afford to keep it all and your lifstyle then your buggered.

The comments about paying off your house and buying a nice car (that you can afford) then banking the rest are spot on though.
MarkM

16th Aug 09 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wouldnt necessarily pay your mortgage off though as you may be able in invest the money in an account which pays enough interest to pay the mortgage for the rest of the term. That way you still sit on the nest egg in case of a rainy day but get to live free in your home.

My lifestyle would be based on what interest it earned.
CORSA NUT

16th Aug 09 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a good point about the interest Mark..I'd probably think along the same lines mate.
Andrew

16th Aug 09 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Live the dream Andrew.

I just don't see the point in blowing all that money on stupid things. I'd pay off my mortage, have a new car every couple of years and a holiday every year.

You would have no money issues at all.

I currently haven't been on holiday in years, my car is falling to bits and too skint to even have a few beers this weekend.

Do not see the point in sitting on the money either, enjoy it in bits and make it last. You could be dead next week..

As for giving my family money, they give me fuck all and 2 million is not a lot of money really over time. If i die they are welcome to it.

[Edited on 16-08-2009 by Andrew]
Nath

16th Aug 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
I don't think you guys get what i meant don't get me wrong £2 million is a hell of a lot of cash.I meant it as a lottery win and the problems that come with it.

You've all seen the guys etc who have won even the likes of 8 million and have been broke 5 years later!

Not all people are idiots though. I'd be scared to have less than £1m in the bank at any one time. For that very reason. I'm only 25, I'd want to live off the win for the rest of my life. Whilst still working.

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Remember the guy from VXRonline who won the lotto...*UPDATE* 23 database queries in 0.0189600 seconds