corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » New House AV Setup

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New House AV Setup
stubs

User status: Offline
24th Jul 09 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The harmony one is very good but be carefull of the screen as they can break quite easily. They are a little tedious to set up as you have to do it using the Harmony web-portal (FFS!!) But once you get the hang of it it's very simple.
It's capable of running simle macros and assigning shortcut keys for your favorite TV channels with the custom logos.. but unfortunately you can't change the device logos

Advantage of the Harmony One over the Pronto is the amount of hard buttons (all mappable). Personally I use my remote by touch, so its great for me... then the touch screen for the macro commands to take care of all the switching & setting levels etc.. (makes it female/kid proof)
iceman

24th Jul 09 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any linkies ? cheap offers?
stubs

24th Jul 09 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, AV Fourms or ebay for a 2nd hand unit.
We never used to be an outlet for the Harmony stuff as most of the installs we did were Crestron based so only ever configured the customer supplied ones.

I bought mine off ebay for £90 plus about £4 postage brand new last year which was when they were about £120
iceman

24th Jul 09 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Richersounds do it for £100 brand new i guess thats a good price
stubs

24th Jul 09 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're spot on dude.. I'd pay £100 again for one. Bear in mind they don't offer bluetooth so if you get a PS3 you'd need an IR convertor of some sorts. Also they need line of sight, or IR repeaters to all your equipment... something that makes the Pronto's & Nevo's that little bit better, but they do also carry a RRP of about 5x that of the Harmony
ash_corsa

24th Jul 09 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a fan on Logitech remotes to be fair, we sold off all our stock we couldnt sell on eBay.
Also just sold a Harmony 1000 for £100, was brand new.

Much prefer the Nevo Q50, but we have just done a job with the new RTI T3-V and it is awesome, the software is second to none and the wifi web browsing is cool! but it is £1200!!
Ive never seen a screen on a remote as clear and sharp as the RTI's, theyre superb.

[Edited on 24-07-2009 by ash_corsa]
Dom

24th Jul 09 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubs
quote:
Originally posted by iceman
quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
HDMi is a digital signal - on or off so quality is not hat key i.e you can get one ofr a fiver instead of 80

so your saying a £5 HDMI cable would be the same quality as an £80 HDMI cable?

I'd say so - you'd be hard pushed to see £300 difference

The only issue you tend to get with cheap HDMI cables is on long runs, 40m+, where the cable quality comes into play and can cause havoc with the error correction. But otherwise, your IXOS' will offer no picture difference to a £10 quid HDMI cable on such a short run. Likewise with your optical cable.

Although i'm still confussed to why you spent so little on speaker cable when you paid (wasted tbh, as this would have made no difference what so ever) £25 a pop on a kettle/IEC lead

Still, it's an impressive setup and KEFs are bloody impressive Oh, a tip for the canvases, if they are hollow backed grab some foam (efoam.co.uk is a good place) and pad out back of them, as it'll act as a soundproofing title - something i picked up from an engineer working in a studio, seems to work a treat in his live room
John

25th Jul 09 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A 5 quid HDMI cable is exactly the same as an 80 quid one unless over massive distances like has already been said, not one bit of difference.

Expensive speaker cable is also a con, as long as it's half decent sized cable it's just as good as anything more expensive with a fancy name.

I didn't see that but £25 on a kettle lead
Toby
Premium Member

28th Jul 09 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i got mine from a company call Oyyy. it was £68 delivered in Feb, but htey crop up on IBOOD for a similar price
stubs

29th Jul 09 at 06:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever
quote:

i got mine from a company call Oyyy. it was £68 delivered in Feb, but htey crop up on IBOOD for a similar price

£111.49 now
http://www.oyyy.co.uk/product.php/69201/Logitech%20Harmony%20One%20Advanced%20Universal%20Remote/
Toby
Premium Member

31st Jul 09 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just check and it was actually £78 (£68 without VAT) i apologise but IBOOD had it at the same price though on 14/2/09. just keep checking, dont get my wrong it took its time to set it up right but those couple of hours taken getting it setup is more than worth it

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll