corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Parking Legalities/Rules

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Parking Legalities/Rules
AdZ9

User status: Offline
28th Jul 08 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all

Ok, thought i'd ask you guys on here first for your views before i go to the council, basically the story is....

Me and GF moved into flat 1 month ago, parking is shit round here due to there being a school next to us so its limited.
We already heard we had been complained about for our parking on the pavement, so now we park in the laybys and take other peoples spaces, today i parked up and some woman told me i wasn't allowed to park there as its for people who live there (i do) so i told her its not marked for specific houses so i'm allowed to park there, i basically said theres no legal rules to say i can't park there and she pretty much agreed and said i should respect that the first gap is for her green car, 2nd is for a silver car etc, by then i told her it was tough and i was leaving my car there.

I've got a pic from google earth to map out the situation.

So the red dot is where my gf and i live. The yellow markings are where the parking lay bys are (theres no markings on road or sign anywhere to say its for house number xxx or for residents only etc). The green marks are where me and gf used to park on the pavement (so we didn't take their spaces)

So by that picture, in your opinion am i right to keep parking there? I have as much right to park there as they do, i pay my road tax etc? She's probably trying to bully us into believing her as she knows were new to the area!

AdZ9

28th Jul 08 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeh i should add, behind our flat out of picture is just another row of 3/4 houses, they have their own garage block for those 4 houses, we don't have any sort of garage or anythign, and theres no road down there just a small pathway leading to the garages
fir3vip3r

28th Jul 08 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

public parking unless signs say otherwise
fazza

28th Jul 08 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell her to gtf and then u2u cheesemanchris and ask to borrow his video camera and get us some vids of this 'woman' stripping ftw.

oh then become prem and post them in 'The thread'
dean101287

28th Jul 08 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

councill wont do shit. Where I used to live we had a slab made on our front garden so we could put 2 cars on it out of the way so we didnt have to park on the road.

Councill came along months later and told us we couldnt park on the slab as we had to ndrive over the curb and it had not been lowered.

They are a bunch of rems
AdZ9

28th Jul 08 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good thought so, they aren't the kind to key or damage peoples cars either hopefully, otherwise i'll be pissed!
micra_pete
Premium Member

28th Jul 08 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends really

My last house had a "similar" setup, but was actually down on my deeds, I had strip of land away from my house I owned for parking, perhaps they have the same.

No signs etc either.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Jul 08 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was that public highway Pete?
nova_gteuk

28th Jul 08 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck her,its not private land.

If it says residebnts parking only and your a resident she cant say fuck all,people seem to belive that the space outside their house is theirs.

But to be honest id park where the green marks are,unless the police tell you to move them?
AdZ9

28th Jul 08 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We were parking there nova, just purely so we didn't take peoples "spaces" but then someone complained against us parking on the pavement, i know this as one of my mates rang me and said they just received a complaint about a bright yellow beetle parking on the pavement lol, he works for the council!

I asked him to check his records tomorrow if its residents only, i doubt it is, they're just being arseholes.

Apparently they're going to put railings or bollards up on the pavement to stop us parking on the corner, even those theres shit loads of space there wasting away
RichR
Premium Member

28th Jul 08 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the deeds for covenants on parking; with it being public rather than private; I wouldn't have thought there would be any in place but strange things happen over the years with house deeds
l15ter

28th Jul 08 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt park on the path, i could be the schoold or the people who live outside that path, plus if a community copper comes a long then your gona get them started off etc, parking bays are simple, unless it says for the list of houses then you can park there
AdZ9

28th Jul 08 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by l15ter
i wouldnt park on the path, i could be the schoold or the people who live outside that path, plus if a community copper comes a long then your gona get them started off etc, parking bays are simple, unless it says for the list of houses then you can park there

it was a community copper who saw her car apparently
micra_pete
Premium Member

28th Jul 08 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Was that public highway Pete?

no ian, the situation was a little different in that it was a private estate.

[Edited on 28-07-2008 by micra_pete]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Parking Legalities/Rules 23 database queries in 0.0156071 seconds