corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Monthly food spend

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Monthly food spend
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 09 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
I really dont understand how people spend as little as £30 a week on food.

When I was living on my own, I was spending at least £50 on food from the supermarket, probably another £30 on takeaways and then probably £40 on beer.

I can do it but then I have other ways and means - the missus runs a hotel; she gets sent lots of trial packs/cases of wine, champagne and so one which she can't put onto the menu as she's tied into contracts with suppliers
VegasPhil
Premium Member

2nd Jul 09 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can keep it down if you need to though. If I was shopping for 2 I could keep it to about £30 ish not including some alcohol/bbq etc. I find I have a cheap week for shopping then a more pricey one the next depending on what runs out .

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
dannymccann

2nd Jul 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree about the BBQ rape, having another one on Sunday, although if you get your guests to bring their own stuff it works out pretty cheap

You can even organise them to bring different things to each other, else you end up with about 4 burgers and 50 sausages
MarkM

2nd Jul 09 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil

I find I have a cheap week for shopping then a more pricey one the next depending on what runs out .

This is true.
Sam
Premium Member

2nd Jul 09 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We spend about £60-£100 a week on food, and that's not buying anything extravagant either. Mind you this is to cover 2 humans and 2 greyhounds!
Sam
Premium Member

2nd Jul 09 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob C
crikie, i must have a problem, i spent £150 in Sainsburys the other day and £60 in waitrose last night.. pesky bbq food!

Not exactly the cheapest of supermarkets are they.
Daimo B

3rd Jul 09 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£200 pm...

But we end up usually lasting a month-month half before we go shopping, and usually ends up below £200....

I like sweeties...
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Jul 09 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The key is to just plan out the week properly. When I first moved out, I was spending £50 + just for myself every week, just buying shit - ended up throwing quite a bit of stuff out and stockpiled on useless shit.

Now, I just plan out my weeks meals in advance - then do my shopping based on that and can get away with as little as £15 a week, and my GF spends 3 days of that living with me.

Still trying to figure out bread though, I hate freezing it - and either end up running out by wednesday, or throwing loads out at the end of the week

I do my shopping as follows:

Meat = Farmfoods, it's indivdually frozen already, and cheap as hell.

Fresh = Wherever, price makes little difference between the main supermarkets

Biscuits / tinned food / jars of sauces = Got a bargain shop near me called B&M Bargains (http://www.bmstores.co.uk/) - they sell branded stuff cheap as hell, and is awesome for bulk buying anything that isn't fresh or meat - bottles of pop, beer, toiletries, etc.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
lisac

3rd Jul 09 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tend to spend about 20 pound per week living by myself and that buying meat from the butchers.

found this alot cheaper as i only buy what i need ie 2/3 sausgaes or 1 pork chop cuts down on alot of wasteage. Tend to get fruit and veg from aldi, before everyone winces its a hell of a lot cheaper and exactly the same products if you know what your buying. I am a quality manager for fresh fruit and veg so helps no end, and get quite a bit from work.

tins, pasta and sauces i tend to stockpile in bulk when on offer but if you watch what you buy its all good.

I used to be the same and only eat branded beans etc but tbh there is very little difference between top brand and cheap except for the extortionate price tag.
Russ 200sx

4th Jul 09 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We normally spend on average about 50-60 pounds per week for 2 of us, we buy alot of salad an the likes of tuna to make a salad for work everyday. i make alot of curry's and casseroles too so meat for this is expensive.

We go to Asda religiously even though there are closer supermarkets, just find Asda cheaper plus they have everything you ask for.
Jon_C
Premium Member

6th Jul 09 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and the missus normally spend 60-70 quid a week but that normally includes a crate of beer so thats 10 quid gone.
We shop at Asda as that seems the cheapest for us. Also depends what runs out as stuff like loo rolls and washing products seem to bump the bill up quite a lot
Sam
Premium Member

7th Jul 09 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are some differences in cheap/expensive brand items - for examples Branston baked beans doesn't taste as nice as say Asda or Heinz baked beans.

We normally go to Asda because for what we buy it's cheaper than Tesco - however Sainsbury's can't be beat for freshly made wholemeal loafs, yummy!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

7th Jul 09 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesterdays shop was £42.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll