corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Using a HTC Magic on O2?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Using a HTC Magic on O2?
Doug

User status: Offline
27th Jun 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My O2 contract is up for renewal in the very near future (2 weeks) so I was planning to move onto a SIMplicity tariff and purchase a HTC Magic. I assume if I get the unlimited web bolt on then I will be able to fully utilise the Magics web and MMS capabilities?

I have never used a handset like the magic or iphone before so I cant be sure what settings I need to use to be able to use the mobile web!

Will I be able to open up a web browser at any time and surf the web on the phone for free using the O2 web bolt on? Possibly listen to abit of streaming radio from the web on it?
bubble

27th Jun 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, it will work, just find out what you can use with o2, as the magic keeps a permanent gprs connection open.

seriously worth it though tbh, quality phone.

i also like the hero, but the stupid fucking design of it makes it seriously annoying in jean pockets!!
noshua

29th Jun 09 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

htc hero looks awesome, i'm guessing it feels wank in your pocket though, like you say bubble.

Doug; just had a quick google as I'm also interested to see what you get use of for unlimited web bolt on, and it seems it isn't just gprs (which i thought it'd be), it's actually unlimited use of O2 UK’s Edge/GPRS/3G (i.e. not when you're abroad).

seems like a good deal imo

edit; if you constantly go above 200mb, they'll send you a text saying reduce or they'll charge, then another text when you're going to start being charged. daft as 200mb is nothing.

[Edited on 29-06-2009 by noshua]

New Poll