corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Mobile Phones........

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mobile Phones........
Steve X16XE

User status: Offline
20th Jun 09 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My contract is due for renewal anytime soon now and I was wanting to know what you recommend to get.

I'm with Voda right now and it's not a problem changing from them. I've got a SE K850.

I do not want the phone to slide open or flip open. I just want to use it.

Touch screen or buttons not a problem.

Internet a must (i'm sure that all new phones now have it).

Also what price plans are good these days? I'm paying £45 a month for 500 text 500 mins (stop the clock) and unlimited web. That amount just about covers me. Any less and I will end up having to pay for it.

Post away.........
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Jun 09 at 01:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a shit contract!
noshua

20th Jun 09 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you're getting ripped off, big time. take a look on vodafones website at this deal;

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/htc-magic?WT_ref=INT-Shphm-Hr-Pym-Phns-21&WT.mc_id=DGM-01-03-2007-D010&WT.mc_evt=click

HTC Magic, 600minutes, unlimited texts and internet. £30 a month for 24months, or £35 for 18 months.

If you don't want a new phone, I suggest either o2 simplicity or vodafones sim only plans, 30-day rolling contract.

If you want a phone then that's a different story. I'll let someone else suggest a phone for you
Steve X16XE

20th Jun 09 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was the best one out 36 months ago!!! Times and prices have only changed a little. It's normally £35 but i've bolted on the net, £7.50. However, pic txt's are not included so that sends me a little over. That is why I said that it is £45 a month.

I would like a new phone as this one is fooked! It keeps on switching itself off. Locking up. Signal is bad. I won't be sorry to see it go.
Jay

20th Jun 09 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

36 months ago? Didnt you haggle come renewal time? I pay £30 for 1200 minutes Unlimited texts and Internet and I got the C905 the day it come out on 02. Its near impossible to go over it.
Steve X16XE

20th Jun 09 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was so long ago I can't remember what I got out of it. I know I didn't pay for the phone..... I think they wanted money for it. I might have got some free months. It was just easy for a new phone to arrive and not having to change providers. I've been with Voda for a long long time now, 4 / 5 years.

This time I am either going to bleed them dry or change to another provider.
bubble

20th Jun 09 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the retention format has changed at voda, and is changing at other providers as well. there will soon be fixed monthly contract prices based on what handset you want.

my advice for a handset right now would without a doubt be the HTC Magic. i have had one for a day see what it is like and i cant put it down. im tempted give my storm up for it, and i love my storm.

you would probably be able get a magic for £34.96 a month with 600mins, unltd sms and all your internet on an 18m.

your current tariff now pales in comparison to the new ones, but as you said it is an old tariff. 5 years ago, you would pay £40 a month and get 200 mins and 100 sms.

bit of advice for ya, dont go in with the "bleed em dry attitude". they are more likely to not wanna help you.

id call and say, "i have been with you for 5 years or so, im looking around, if you can provide with me x phone and x minutes for £x a month i will stay"
Jay

20th Jun 09 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux

bit of advice for ya, dont go in with the "bleed em dry attitude". they are more likely to not wanna help you.

Yep 02 fucked me off when I had this attitude, said I wasnt happy with what they where offering and demanded better or said i'd cancel to which they where happy to let me do and said they would put me through to get it finalised hung up and rang up again, got a helpful person who when I went in a little softer got me the deal im on now.
Steve X16XE

20th Jun 09 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a knack of making them think that it is their idea to do something for me. Don't worry, on here I can type "bleed them dry" but i'll purr like a kitten to them and get the same results.

They have already told me that I am a "Gold customer" as i've always paid my bills in full everytime for the past 4/5 years. They say that I can get more and better offers So i'll get them to say that again and i'll "bleed them dry"
Steve X16XE

20th Jun 09 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just watched a vid of the HTC magic and it I can see why you like it.

On Voda's website it's free anyway under this plan seems good for me......

600 mins, unlimited texts & unlimited mobile internet - 24 month plan, £30

What else is there to get from them? It seams a little too easy.
bubble

21st Jun 09 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve X16XE
I've just watched a vid of the HTC magic and it I can see why you like it.

On Voda's website it's free anyway under this plan seems good for me......

600 mins, unlimited texts & unlimited mobile internet - 24 month plan, £30

What else is there to get from them? It seams a little too easy.

try haggle that for an 18m contract. be prepared for a 24 though. but say to em that u think u deserve more, however be prepared to accept or decline a spontaneous offer.
noshua

21st Jun 09 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you work for vodafone?

HTC Magic looks amazing. May go for that at the end of the year.
Robbo

21st Jun 09 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes he and i both work for vodafone
noshua

22nd Jun 09 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah, so i've never been with vodafone before, but say i wanted a phone that was exclusive to vodafone, is there anyway of getting a decent deal on a contract? like o2, vodafone, etc offer you in the rentention department?

also, insurance wise, website says;

# Theft and loss – we’ll immediately replace your phone in one of our stores, or send it by post within 24 hours. You’ll get a similar phone, up to a limit of £1000

say I had C905 and I put a claim in for it being lost/stolen, would I not get the same phone back?

New Poll