corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine bay pipes blocked with rubbish????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine bay pipes blocked with rubbish????
Gavin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   19th Feb 03 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have looked into some of the rubber pipes that lead into the rocket cover and they were 70% blocked with (wats looks like) mayo. my head gasket is 'a ok' so its not on its way out at all, had it changed over a year ago.
i have cleaned it up 2 weeks ago but started to build up again.

i think that this could be causing a decrease in my engine power (corsa sri 8v)

my car is also 'pinking' alot nowadays....could the decrease in pipe size be causing this.

has any1 had this problem before and wat can i do to prevent the build up

cheers

pew pew pew pewwwww
3CorsaMeal

19th Feb 03 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this on my old nova, means u have water, mixing with oil somewhere.
How do u know the head gasket is alright?
mine was water getting into carb i think
RickV6

19th Feb 03 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its used on short runs it will only be water from condesation (cold weather) in rocker cover etc mixing with oil then gettin blown down breathers not much ya can do just take it on a long run to get car really warm every so often-once a week to try and clear it
and-m

19th Feb 03 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which pipes did you check, the breather ones leading to the throttle body?
Gavin
Premium Member

20th Feb 03 at 07:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i think its the breather pipes.

when i have a look in the pipes, abit of water seems to dip out of them.

so u recon its condesation mixing with the oil in the rocket cover.

pew pew pew pewwwww
Gavin
Premium Member

20th Feb 03 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

back to the top

pew pew pew pewwwww
Cybermonkey

20th Feb 03 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It might well be a blown head gasket. You may only have one symptom of it, but thats all you need, next thing you know you will have a cracked or warped head! Get it looked at mate. I got white gunk all over the place at the moment, it could be condensation or it could be head gasket.

Dave
Gavin
Premium Member

20th Feb 03 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a vaux mech had a look at it about 2 weeks and i asked him about the head gasket and he said that its ok. the water is ok, no mayo in oil.

just looks like massive amount of condesation is gettinmg into the rocket cover and pipes.

pew pew pew pewwwww
Mikorsa16v

20th Feb 03 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its normal in this weather when short journeys hav been made all the time - where the engine doesnt hav a chance to heat up properly
RickV6

20th Feb 03 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RickV6
if its used on short runs it will only be water from condesation (cold weather) in rocker cover etc mixing with oil then gettin blown down breathers not much ya can do just take it on a long run to get car really warm every so often-once a week to try and clear it

Does nobody listen, pah!
bobothebear

20th Feb 03 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As some others have said it sounds like Head Gasket. If you cleaned the pipes and 2 weeks later they are 70% blocked. I very much doubt just condensation can do that.
How did the vaux mechanic know the gasket was ok. He cant just have a quick look under the bonnet. He would of had to start stripping down the engine.
Are you Heaters blowing Hot and Cold when they should just be hot? This would show water is flowing all round the system correctly.
Corsa^Dan

20th Feb 03 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how cna it be hot AND cold?
Gavin
Premium Member

21st Feb 03 at 07:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the vaux mech throughly checked and drove my car and said the car needs the pipes cleaning out but nothin to worry about (like the head gasket)

RickV6 sounds the most obvious reason 4 the build up.
cheers all

pew pew pew pewwwww

New Poll