corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Is this a bargain??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is this a bargain??
nessi

User status: Offline
   15th Feb 03 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today ive been to my local car audio shop to look at some door speakers, cos the one in my door doesn't always work & the one in the back passenger side(next to the parcel shelf) doesn't work at all!
I think they've both got loose wires but the man said "oh no it sounds like they've both blown, would you like to buy these jbl speakers they've been reduced to £40 from £60"
He then went to help another customer while i was thinking about buying the jbl's.
Then he came back to me & said that i could have the 6x9 jbl's for the back parcel shelf & cover my shelf with black material so thieves wouldn't see them & some alpine door speakers & tweeters fitted for £140!!
I thought this was a bargain.
What do you think?
Cheers Ness
lube_oscar

16th Feb 03 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds a bit dodgy, take the information to halfords or any other stereo retailer and mention you are looking for these speakers and ask what they think and how much theyd charge, then youl have your answer
LoudCorsa

17th Feb 03 at 01:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

halfords and stereo purchasing shud never appear in the same sentence - i was in my local one the other day (mate wanted some momo gearknob) and heard the guy telling a customer that he shud just get the most expensive ones becuse tehy are just better - hmmm, sounded like he knew what he was talking about.

chaz

www.woah.co.uk
d0gz_bollox

17th Feb 03 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never been impressed with the quality of JBL 6x9s.
doofy

17th Feb 03 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the blokes that work in our halfords know more about talkin shit than they do cars
N3CRO

12th Apr 07 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same in my local one too!
CorsaSi

12th Apr 07 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

halfords is a last resort, i spent 170quid on vibe 6x9's the 800watt retangle 1's and door speakers and tweeters, but the lad there made a mistake and i got them for 150quid so wasnt too bad.

vibe's the way to go better sound quality, but not to be played at high volume unless properly installed and running through a amp or two.
nessi

13th Apr 07 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't believe people are still reading my 4 year old post
karisma_corsa

16th Apr 07 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont go to halfords if u dont have to, buy decent kit too, u dont have to spend big bucks to get good quality sounds,

also dont touch 6 x 9s if u ever plan to have a sub, its a combination that shudnt be mixed

New Poll