corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » PolyKevlar Focal Components or JL Audio 3 Ways???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PolyKevlar Focal Components or JL Audio 3 Ways???
Fear

User status: Offline
15th Feb 03 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which ones do you lot think i should get? anyone got any of them? Ive heard the JL 3 ways are fantastic but at £500 are a little bit pricey, but the Focals are still £360 is it worth spending the extra little bit!!!!
SteveW

16th Feb 03 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The JL components top range XR's go for £380 and they are top class. I have them in mine, amp them up and they just SING.

Wicked speakers really

Steve.
corb

16th Feb 03 at 01:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not ever heard the JL's, but focal are fcuking amazing
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

16th Feb 03 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had the JL XR 650 CSi's in my car, and they were too bassy. I am now on a set Focal Polykevlars and they are spot on.

I love them
Trotty

16th Feb 03 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Focal's IMO

I heard both and whichever choice will be a good one, but the Focal's just edge it for me.

Ian
========
CorsaSport Moderator
South West Organiser
Click here to e-mail me
Click here to sign up for Premium Membership
========
TOMAS

16th Feb 03 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Set-up correctly with proper deadend builds which are angled and positioned correctly a 3-way set-up will win EVERY time! Not assuming you are a fool but you will do door-builds wont you if youre forking out that amount of cash? In which case shove the 3-ways in their. PROPER SQ...
corb

16th Feb 03 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

focal jmlab technical dept. said that the utopia 2 ways were better than the polykevlar 3 ways, both same price so not trying to make bigger profit from more expensive speaker.
Andy_S

16th Feb 03 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diamond hexes are really good quality too. If your planning to spend £500 on components, do some research, look around. There are alot more good speaker makes than Focal and JL. Ive got the 165K2s, but if I was buying another set, I'd either go for
Rainbow,
Boston acoustics
Focal Utopias
Diamond hexes

Go to your local Ice dealers and see if theyve got any you can listen to. I doubt you'll find the BA and rainbow, but believe me these speakers are the best you can get. Spend as much as you can afford to on them, so you neer have to upgrade them again. And dont forget, to get these speakers to their very best, you need a good amp, head unit and wires. Hope this helps

Andy
Andy_S

16th Feb 03 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah, just remembered! Focal are bringing out some new stuff.
get ready for the 165K4s! 2x 6" mids, 1x4" mid, and 1" tweeter. If you want to go mental, then get these, they would make some great doorbuilds/kickbuilds.

New Poll