corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » new black/metallic corsa C paint CR@P!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author new black/metallic corsa C paint CR@P!!!
lacky75

User status: Offline
   14th Feb 03 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone else got the new corsa C in Black/metalic?

The paint is utta Shite. The paint scratches off far to easily..

Has anyone else had probs with this colour corsa?
PainZ

14th Feb 03 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean the new Sapphire black?

Thats what ive got and ive had no probs,

Or do you mean the Black two coat pearl stuff?

they changed to Sapphire black nov 1st
lacky75

14th Feb 03 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that black 2 coat pearl. The paint looks lovely however i have noticed it requires very little to scratch the paint.

just asking if anyone else has noticed this?

cos i was rubbing bird shite off the car and managed to scratch the paint doing it!!
PainZ

14th Feb 03 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i think thats why they decided to change it,

lucky i got the new stuff =]
Mikeboy

14th Feb 03 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i assume ive got the sapphire black (wasnt sure when the new one came out, or even if it was out) - got mine in January - so it must be the sapphire black...

Yeh, it does scratch well easilly ! :@ People keep telling me "no, it doesn't scratch easilly, its just cos it's black and shows up more"

But I have to disagree with that. I only had my car about a week when I washed my car one day. That following night my cat had walked all over it with his muddy/gritty paws. So I had to wash it again the next day, I just finished it, it was perfect. I then started cleaning the windows with halfords glass cleaner, when I heard a 'schwwiiiisssshhhh' and I saw my cat running away. - He'd jumped up onto the bonnet, must have slipped, and jumped off again - leaving a 5 inch long scratch !

I had some other mark scratches on the door panels that I noticed which were like it since I received the car. So I took it back for the bodyshop to polish out the marks, and they even took the cat-scratch out of the bonnet for me

But the reason I disagree about it just 'showing the marks more cos its black' is cos my parents have a new silver Astra, and both the cats have been walking all over that car for over a year, and there's no marks at all. Even if u get your eyes 2 inches away from the paint and turn ur head to get the light in the right place - u still cant see any scratches !

So yeh, I totally agree - its so easy to scratch.. But fortunately it seems to be super easy to polish em out .

Mike

[Edited on 14-02-2003 by Mikeboy]
Mikeboy

14th Feb 03 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Painz - mines the Black Sapphire pearlescent, Im 100% sure it is - the brochure I had which I ordered it from said Black Sapphire, and the dealer was saying about how they'd just changed their Black.

But as u see above - mine still scratches rather easilly !
PainZ

14th Feb 03 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok what it was ,

before nov 2002 they had black two coat pearlesnt,
on 1st nov 2002 they changed over to the new Sapphire black (the old one was'nt called sapphire black)

The new black i.e. nov 1 st onward is a metalic paint. Dont know if this makes it less prone to scratchin but i dont have any problems,

Ontop of all that vaux kinda screwwed up cause they never had their new brouchers ready for the lauch of their updated models (like SRi) and other things the updated in the corsa range (paint, inside trims ect)

I was going to get Leather seats as an extra but due to the fact their new stock leather trimm, new sri alloys ect had never came in i would of had to wait anohter 6 weeks and i couldnt be arsed too!

Hope this helps =]

im 100% sure that the car you got is the new metalic black sapphire paint.. UNLESS your dealer sold you a car they havea had for a while,

if you had to wait for ya car to be built that would prove you got the new paint
Mikeboy

14th Feb 03 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers m8

Yeh, I reckon IVe got the new paint too thankfully. I was pretty annoyed when I heard about this 'new' paint about a month ago. I was thinking there was a 'new' new paint! But no, turns out the same one. All is good.

It was a factory order (had a few extras), i was waiting about 10 weeks for it, so must be.

Did u order tinted windows as an extra? I did, but later on I found out they were having problems with em or sumthin.

My car was 'taken off of the production line' when they were waiting for me to tell em whether I wanted to wait for the tints or have the car without them. Only problem was, no one had informed the dealer that my car had been taken off of production !

So becos of that it added about 3-4 weeks onto the delviery of the beast.

But I wrote a letter to the big boss, explaining the situation. Saying basically I couldnt wait 2-3 months+ for the tints, so would have to accept the car tintless. So as a goodwill gesture theyve agreed to replace my windows with tinted windows, at the dealers - for free . Just got to wait until they get the problem with the tints sorted out, shouldnt be too much longer now. Last I heard it was a problem at the manufacture's end - who make + distribute the tinted windows
RickV6

14th Feb 03 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome to the world of wonderful Black paint! Wot a b@stard to keep clean and my bonnet looks like its been shot blasted, specially wiv white primer underneath. looks mint when its clean tho which is only bout half an hour!

New Poll