corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » HIFI

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HIFI
Deadude

User status: Offline
16th Apr 09 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so if i was looking a nice 5.1 setup how much would would i roughly be paying. i dont know much about this but i am really tempted to get some good speakers currently got logitech z-5500 which arent to bad just want something with more punch
Dom

16th Apr 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could get a pretty decent setup for 500-600 (exc DVD/HD/BluRay player and cabling), with plenty of room for improvements. Something like a Onkyo/Yamaha/Cambridge Audio AV Amp (roughly 300) and then another 300 on a 5.1 package, KEFs/Mordaunt Short/Tannoys.

Have a butchers around avforums and keep an eye out on their classifieds, seen some bargins to be had
drunkenfool

16th Apr 09 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pablo
multichannel in or out, cant remember top of my head

It looks like theres little black things plugged into them though?
Tim
Site Administrator

16th Apr 09 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
quote:
Originally posted by Pablo
multichannel in or out, cant remember top of my head

It looks like theres little black things plugged into them though?

They're couplers, connecting the front/center/right channel preouts to their respective power amplifiers. Means you can remove the coupler and plug in additional devices (EQ or additional processing) for those 3 channels.
Tim
Site Administrator

16th Apr 09 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Deadude
so if i was looking a nice 5.1 setup how much would would i roughly be paying. i dont know much about this but i am really tempted to get some good speakers currently got logitech z-5500 which arent to bad just want something with more punch

I'm got a Yamaha DSP-AX761 receiver for sale if you're interested. Haven't got the box though so I'll need to get inventive if I need to post it. Has HDMI inputs, plus supports LPCM (so you can benefit from the new HD audio if your Bluray player decodes them, e.g. PS3).
nik

24th Jul 09 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update to my setup - Just got my new interconnects through this morning. VERY happy with them so far, the sound is great, bass tighter and more defined. I had to get new ones as I moved the hifi and the old QNECT stuff wasn't long enough doh.

Went for The Missing Link, silver surfer with Eichmann copper bullets. Really get the from me.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll