corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Xe help

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Xe help
3i_gaz

User status: Offline
14th Apr 09 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was running fine dude, fitted new plugs, leads, rotor arm, dizzy cap when i got the car jsut because i didnt know the history of it, wanted the service side of things to all be fresh.
Ste
Premium Member

14th Apr 09 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put all the old stuff back on then. add stuff one at a time untill it stops working. It isn't uncommon for new parts to be duff.

It's best to get it back to normal first if it used to work

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Richardhhha

14th Apr 09 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and it started playing up after you did this?
Richardhhha

14th Apr 09 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got my money on the ignition timing being up the swonny.

as ste said best bet going back to what it came with when running fine.
3i_gaz

14th Apr 09 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mate it ran absolutely fine for WEEKS had no problems whatsoever.

my cooling fan was wired to a switch on the dash, basically it was on for about 25 mins when i was driving
burnt the fan motor out, and burnt the wiring to the fan switch out too, i got rid of the dodgy fan loom that an actual retard had done. it drove home fine, but on the way home it felt really flat and threw out LOADS of black smoke, unburnt fuel obviosuly.

after that i got home, had some tea, went out to start it and it took an absolute lifetime to start, then finally when it did i was mega flat like it was throwing too much fuel , timing was retarding too much or like a weak spark.

now it wont start at all.
Richardhhha

14th Apr 09 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best bet is trace where the wiring burnt out and have a ganders to see if there is ny damaged wiring you might have missed.

as you said it was chucking fuel out so as you said retarded ignition... maybe a damaged wire thats causing the signal for the ignition to not advance.
3i_gaz

14th Apr 09 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the engine bay wiring has been replaced with a healthy loom though mate and where the fan got its feed from has been replaced too mate.
Richardhhha

14th Apr 09 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even under the dash where you said the fan switch was wired to hmmmmmm

this is a bloody strange one..... all after the wiing nd switch burnt out.. would go for wiring problem behind dash. never hurts to check
Ste
Premium Member

14th Apr 09 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there is any damage, even not visible damage to a multicore wire like the PIP SAW signal from the crank sensor then your ECU won't be getting the correct timing info to fire teh sparks.

It sounds like you need to have a really good look over the loom for any scorching/burnt wires and maybe replace the loom. Unless you are willing to check every wire for continuity and also shorts with other local wires then you will be scratching your head forever.

I bet that dodgy fan switch wasn't fused! It is horrible learning the hard way about correct wiring.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
3i_gaz

14th Apr 09 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fan switched wasnt fised dude no, it done a fucking GOOD job or burning through the wire. the only loom thats original is the stuff inside the car, engine bay wise its all a fresh decent loom.
Ste
Premium Member

14th Apr 09 at 23:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As the fan wires would have come through to the dash there is a good chance you have cooked some wires inside. You may need a new loom. bummer

3i_gaz

14th Apr 09 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ohhhh fudge. may wizz the dash out for a proper look see
Richardhhha

14th Apr 09 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bet its one signal wire like ste w said.. sorry mate shit happens sometimes.. hope its a simple fix in the end
3i_gaz

14th Apr 09 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hope its a simple fix, its such a head scratcher feel like loosing heart with it and selling the fooker lol
Richardhhha

14th Apr 09 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol its most probably the last thing you would have looked at. head scratchers normaly are
Ste
Premium Member

14th Apr 09 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^that's a dumb thing to say really. Of course it will be the last thing you look at. Why would you keep looking once you have found the problem?

3i_gaz

15th Apr 09 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL

the head scrather will turn into a wing kicker after i've lost my rag with it lol
Whittie

15th Apr 09 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it the right ecu?

Have a spare ecu / dizzy / coil pack / loom here if you give up.
3i_gaz

15th Apr 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all the stuff you've listed i've replaced with new or ones i know are ok dude.

thanks for the offer, much appreciated!
Nic Barnes

15th Apr 09 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leads on right way?

thing is, if its fuelling and sparking then the ecu and loom to those things has to be fine.
3i_gaz

15th Apr 09 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mate leads are the right way round, marked which way they go on the dizzy cap cover and also double checked em by taking the dizzy cap off and seeing which one the rotor arm touches 1st then going round working out that way.

it is getting fuel and getting a spark, timing ok, compression ok thats the mad puzzling thing.
cheater

15th Apr 09 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dodgy earthing point? Check earth on battery, throttle body, upper inlet and alternator.
Ste
Premium Member

15th Apr 09 at 23:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have said this before and I'll say it again, put all your original bits back on and get it working again that way. You have clearly fitted a dodgy part somewhere.

Guessing gets you nowhere and wastes time. If you know it worked with the original bits then get it back to that stage. then fit the new bits one at a time untill it stops working again. Hey presto, that is the fucked part.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Xe help 25 database queries in 0.1930258 seconds