corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » A 1.8 Tigra is born!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author A 1.8 Tigra is born!
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a X16XE, X18XE1 and a C20NE in the workshop.. I'd guess the C20NE is about the same as the XE?
Daimo B

23rd Mar 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See people "say" they have all these engines, but no-ones ever actually sat there and weighed them all (with or without fluid).

Many debates about SB or BB engines, weight, power etc.... We all know the power, but no-one has actually ever weighed all the lumps and posted so peopel can actually work out how good/bad the extra weight of a big block engine is.

Ne, thats the 8v isn't it? Would be in the same ball park, but probably 5-10kg less than the 16v (more cams, bigger head etc)

[Edited on 23-03-2009 by VXR]
DaveyLC

23rd Mar 09 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm trying to thing what the hell I can weigh it with lol bathroom scales is the only option I can think of at the moment.
Jay

23rd Mar 09 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
quote:
Originally posted by JayM
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21

Surely it would have made more sense to get him to do it.Unless he charges too much.

Retard.

[Edited on 22-03-2009 by Corsa_Sport21]

Why would it make more sense to get someone else to do it? He will now know where everything is and it will help alot if and when anything goes wrong with it, I'd rather have a bash at it myself and learn as I go than pay someone £500 to do it...

He's been paying someone else to do it for him, was away for ages and he got it given bak to him with sensors bodged on with rivets

Based on that I woulda paid dave/warren...

Oh.... Me too
Daimo B

23rd Mar 09 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
I'm trying to thing what the hell I can weigh it with lol bathroom scales is the only option I can think of at the moment.

Someone local help Davey finally sort out the engine weight myths for all vauxhall enthusiasts

Bricks, rope, hoist, and a tree branch??? (strong one )
DaveyLC

23rd Mar 09 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What and some bags of sugar as balast? lol! Not sure that will be very accurate.
Daimo B

23rd Mar 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*pops to local supermarket*

"Hi i'd like x150 1kg bags of sugar please"

DaveyLC

23rd Mar 09 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could work!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » A 1.8 Tigra is born! 23 database queries in 0.0091550 seconds