corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Anyone have Fake CCTV?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone have Fake CCTV?
dannymccann

User status: Offline
18th Feb 09 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above - im not looking to install a real system as its a rented place and we will be moving out I think in the summer. Just wondering if anyone has fake ones that have proved to be a deterrent? As the burglar alarm obviously isnt enough warning to the local chavs Maybe a camera in their face will help
Sam
Premium Member

18th Feb 09 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could close your windows when you go out...
a_j_mair

18th Feb 09 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you not get cheap wireless systems that you could take with you?
WATSON

18th Feb 09 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt bother with the fake shit, you'd be better off getting some proper cctv only cost about £20 out of argos or have alook on ebay!
dannymccann

18th Feb 09 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam

Well I guess I could, how do the wireless ones work? Both powering them (cant drill through walls to feed power cables etc, so am limited to outdoor mains and batteries) and recording the footage? Can you get ones that have PIR sensors (so it only turns on and records when movement is detected?) otherwise im going to need a whipping HD to store footage?

Its only as a deterrent as said.....
deano87

18th Feb 09 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have a PC that is left on all the time? My cheapo Creative webcam from years ago and act like a CCTV camera and has motion detection i.e. will start recording when the frame changes. It won't move on its own, but it's an option. I can set it to take continuous video or images.

Will be a cheap set-up and actually recording something
dannymccann

19th Feb 09 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope PC is switched off all the time, barely use it tbh, and dont want to leave a laptop in use all the time either, would be cumbersome, also the visual deterrent of a camera would be good, AND by the time they will have seen it I can get the wankers done for trespassing
Neo

19th Feb 09 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dads mad about this, always looking at what system to get...has a nice camera and DVR atm, just need to run the coax and fit the camera mount. Cost about £150, the DVR records over itself and can store just over 2 weeks worth of footage from 2 cameras, ideal for when they go away.
pow
Premium Member

19th Feb 09 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to sort this out as well
jungle

21st Feb 09 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would'nt bother with a camera just have a baseball bat sitting in plain view at the front and back door i do lol

thats more of a scare factor than crappy cctv

[Edited on 21-02-2009 by jungle]
Deadude

21st Feb 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want CCTV to scare people just buy a broken cctv camera the actual dummy ones all look shit. If you wanna actually catch people maybe something like this would be ideal http://www.traderswarehouse.co.uk/s.nl;jsessionid=0a01025a1f438706ad0f76de48bb9d81f4b4749889a9.e3eSbNySbxiNe34Pa38Ta38Pb3r0?it=A&id=39501&sc=8&category=-108
John

21st Feb 09 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's quite good for an all in one solution, the resolution is shocking though, all you'd be able to see were some blobs breaking in then leaving with your tv.

I have 3 colour daytime/ir b&w nighttime cameras hooked up to a dvr card in a computer in the loft.

Records 1fps then goes to 30 when it detects movement, would record for months with a 200gig drive if it wasn't for the bush in my front garden
Twiggy

21st Feb 09 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I noticed some fake round cameras like in shop for a quid!!! in a pound shop in llandudno!
Toby
Premium Member

6th Mar 09 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
That's quite good for an all in one solution, the resolution is shocking though, all you'd be able to see were some blobs breaking in then leaving with your tv.

I have 3 colour daytime/ir b&w nighttime cameras hooked up to a dvr card in a computer in the loft.

Records 1fps then goes to 30 when it detects movement, would record for months with a 200gig drive if it wasn't for the bush in my front garden

sounds interesting care to share some more info on this - any links
John

7th Mar 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's an ebay DVR card, the card works ok but the software isn't the best, does what it needs to though and cost hundreds less than one from a cctv site so can't complain.

I have a couple of expensive cameras, probably could have got away with cheaper ones and then a cheap ebay tiny one for the front door.
J da Silva

7th Mar 09 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jungle
would'nt bother with a camera just have a baseball bat sitting in plain view at the front and back door i do lol

thats more of a scare factor than crappy cctv

[Edited on 21-02-2009 by jungle]

Doubt it, I'd just break into the first door and us it to flatten your forehead before helping myself to your other halfs vagina.

[Edited on 07-03-2009 by J da Silva]
mark2009

18th May 09 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fit cctv for the biggest install company in the uk. i have 5 cameras all recored onto a 500 gb dvr. all have day/night function and iv caught people pissing around with our cars before now. also the dvr we have is set onto a static ip so i can view it any where in the world
JadeM
Premium Member

18th May 09 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watch its not pointing into anyone elses property! We have dickheads for neighbours, we set up fake CCTV they in turn called the cops who advised us that we could be charged with Breach of the Peace (even tho it was fake) for putting our neighbours in a state of fear and alarm by having the camera pointing at their property

New Poll