corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Settling a loan!?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Settling a loan!?
Colin

User status: Offline
30th Dec 08 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a bit confused here, should I be?

Ive had a settlement figure for a loan ive got, it was over 3yrs, ive paid exactly a year. Ive to pay £2794.45 to settle in full.

My monthly payments are £132.14. Ive paid for 12 months - £1585.68 has been paid.

On my loan agreement is states:

Loan amount £4000.00
Total amount you pay (inc interest) £4757.04
Charge for credit £757.04

What Im confused by is if I settle i'll have paid £4380.13, of which 380.13 is interest - im settling 2/3's of the loan term early but apear to have already paid more then half of the credit charge off.

Says on the agreement theres no product fee or early settlement charge

ps
AndyKent

30th Dec 08 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who told you you've got to pay nearly 2800?

Technically:

you borrowed 4000 + 757 charge = 4757
repaid to date 1585 = 3172 outstanding
minus the interest which would be paid over the remaining term = 504
So, you should only repay 2668

I think.....

[Edited on 30-12-2008 by aPk]
Colin

30th Dec 08 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I phoned up & thats the settlement figure they gave me, I was back off the phone before I had a chance to think hang on that sounds a bt off!!
AndyKent

30th Dec 08 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd get back on the phone and ask why its £100 more than you were expecting - they might explain how they got to that figure.
Eck
Premium Member

31st Dec 08 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who is it with Col? If it's with HBoS... Our policy is upto 60 days of interest charged on a Settlement Figure. Also, our loans don't seem like they add up See your loan. if you took £4,000, and paid off £1,000... The outstanding balance won't be £3,000. It'll be something like £3,800 That's because the interest is front loaded, so most of the interest is being paid off, and only a small part is going to the capital until the interest is paid off and then you're full payment will start eating away at the Capital.

So basically... If you don't pay off your loan before any interest is added (basically first 30 days), you're going to end up paying an arm and a leg more than you should have to pay it off unfortunately

Edit: Ps, if it is a HBoS loan, I should be able to find out if the settlement figure you have is correct if you give me your details

[Edited on 31-12-2008 by Eck]
Colin

31st Dec 08 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it is HBos

Cunts didnt tell me this when they sold me it......fuck faces!!

[Edited on 31-12-2008 by Colin]
Eck
Premium Member

31st Dec 08 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ouch I'm not in again until the second, but if you want I'll have a look for you? But I need to know... Your agreement number, does it start with 7/ number? If not there isn't much I can do really

But as I said earlier, you get charged upto 60 days of interest....That apparently isn't a penalty
Graham88

31st Dec 08 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Badgers
Colin

31st Dec 08 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7/12254209- 3

Bloody cheek, doesnt mention this in my agreement!!

Find me a way of getting out of paying the interest Eck!!
Eck
Premium Member

31st Dec 08 at 14:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have a look at that on the 2nd Aye they don't mention that you are paying off the interest first, so if you try to settle it, you're not making a saving Probably the only way to get out of paying the interest would be to lodge a complaint, stating that you were mis-sold the product as you weren't made aware of the 60 days of interest, and front loaded interest. If you kick up enough shit, they'll take it off
stubbsy05

4th Jan 09 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My A&L loan was interest front loaded and I ened up paying it off after 4 months when it was originally for over 4 years :loL:

New Poll