corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa shaft??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa shaft??
ripley

User status: Offline
29th Dec 08 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all the corsa project is back on. right i have been haveing probs with the pass side shaft? the car has an ecotec 20l 16v from a 95 cav, drivers side shaft fits good, but the pass seems to be to long every time i drop the car on its wheels the pass wheel heads for the pass foot well? so when i put it on full lock the wheel is hitting. so i have checked the length of the old corsa shaft with the cav shaft and the corsa shaft is longer??? at that point my head went. i have also moved the circlip 4mm at both ends of the cav shaft???? the box i have on it is a f18. any help please......asap.....thanks
DAZ1985

29th Dec 08 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cav shaft should be longer than the corsa shaft
ripley

29th Dec 08 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i said!!! so iam lost, has any one got the length of a corsa shaft so i can just double check with what i have. the only thing i did not do was check the length of both shafts with the cvs on. i will do that later. any more help please
Ste L

29th Dec 08 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DAZ1985
The cav shaft should be longer than the corsa shaft

only by a few mm...

all depends on the tollerance's of the shell..

the can be a direct fit sometime, and other time's it will need shortening a few mm, and the circlip hole cut in a bit further up
DAZ1985

29th Dec 08 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ripley
so i have checked the length of the old corsa shaft with the cav shaft and the corsa shaft is longer???
Ste L

29th Dec 08 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh didnt read that..

cant be right that
ripley

29th Dec 08 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iam using the cav shafts with big block hubs that i had machined down.the divers side is fine its just the pass side, i have just found a shaft in the back of the shed that is shorter so i have cut and re-splined the cav shaft so fingers xxx, i will take some pics and let u all know.
ripley

30th Dec 08 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just to let u know i dont think its the shaft coz all that work ive done on the cav shaft has made no diff. so what i did was undo the three bolts that hold on the bar on the front cross member then jacked the car up and the wheel went to its centre so i think there is some thing wrong with that bar??? i will get a second hand one tomorrow and we will see.

New Poll