corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tyre/Noob Day: Will having different size tyres work?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tyre/Noob Day: Will having different size tyres work?
Ash_EP3

User status: Offline
   16th Dec 08 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry for another noob question

Basically I am thinking of buying some Softstar alloys next month and I already have two tyres (205/40/R16) but was thinking of buying some smaller size tyres (195/45/R16)

Which should I have on the front/back and why (if it works of course)

Thanks

alan-g-w

16th Dec 08 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The numbers you're talking about that are different are the width + tyre profile (sorry if you knew that).

Why would you do it on purpose? Just buy the same all round, that's what I'd do anyway. It wouldn't make any difference as long as you put two the same on the front and two the same on the back.

Who knows, maybe the thinner tyre with the larger profile might just even out due to the little stretch required and look the same as the 205/40's doubt it though.
Ash_EP3

16th Dec 08 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My only worry is that with my old alloys on it used to rub on the back and they were ET43 - the new ones will be ET49 but not so sure whether 205's would be any good on the front/rear

Someone help me
andyc1234

16th Dec 08 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put them on and try i want to know what 205s are like on my speedlines
Daveskater
Premium Member

16th Dec 08 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 195/45's on my Softstars and they go over the edge of the rim a little bit so 205 will probably be too big. You'd be best off with 195/40 though so that the rolling ratio is the same.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Anthony

16th Dec 08 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try the ones with 205's on the rear, and if they dont scrub use them till they wear out and get some 195's to match .

New Poll