corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » who thinks corsa b 1.2 8v.................

Poll: who thinks corsa b 1.2 8v.................
  yes
  no

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author who thinks corsa b 1.2 8v.................
mattk

User status: Offline
4th Dec 08 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have to redline your 130bhp sport in 3 gears to get it to 30mph from the lights just to keep up with the flow of traffic
AndyCorsaSport

4th Dec 08 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Huh?
mattk

4th Dec 08 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2 8vs are so bad on fuel because you have to give them stick everywhere, if you drive it like a normal car they are downright dangerous, eco driving in them is dangerous
Neo

4th Dec 08 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Huh?

If you have had one, then you will realise. To not get in the way, you have to rev the tits off it every gear (1, 2 and 3) too get to 40 in about 10 seconds. That isnt an exaggeration. Mine did 0 - 60 in 23 seconds !!

I'm also insured on a 1.0 12v which i drive time to time as the mother has one, and its a lot quicker than my old 1.2 8v.

However in major contrast, My 1.6 will sit at 110 at 3500 revs, and still give back 500 miles to a tank. Around town, i think the 1.0 12v is a much better engine that the 1.2 8v, on the motorway the 1.0 is better.....atually everywhere it is.
deano87

5th Dec 08 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
However in major contrast, My 1.6 will sit at 110 at 3500 revs, and still give back 500 miles to a tank. Around town, i think the 1.0 12v is a much better engine that the 1.2 8v, on the motorway the 1.0 is better.....atually everywhere it is.

Neo knows it.
Fonz
Premium Member

5th Dec 08 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont understand all this talk of having to drive the car to death. i still have my first car a '85 Nova with a 1.0 engine which "has" 45hp 23 years ago leaving the factory. it doesnt have a rev counter so i use my ears to note the engine speed. i have been driving it on and off for the past 5 years, my Mum before me for 12 years prior to that. that car doesnt need to driven to death to "make progress" - yes it is as slow as a 1.2 8v but a driver should drive to the capabilities of the engine and not the drivers wishes! that Nova has 97k miles on the clock and going strong.

i had a 12v Corsa and had it until 85k miles owning it for 35kmiles and never once let me down. it was serviced annually, and never ever gave me a problem.
Eck
Premium Member

5th Dec 08 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neo isn't yours a VTS Diesel though? So the fact you are doing 3500rpm at 110 is null and void when comparing to a petrol car I've had both a 12v and a 1.2 8v... 8v was better hands down for me. Maybe worse on petrol but my god the 12v had nothing but problems with sensors.
deano87

5th Dec 08 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Neo isn't yours a VTS Diesel though? So the fact you are doing 3500rpm at 110 is null and void when comparing to a petrol car I've had both a 12v and a 1.2 8v... 8v was better hands down for me. Maybe worse on petrol but my god the 12v had nothing but problems with sensors.

You see, mine hasn't had any problem with sensors in 30k miles. Well it has, but hasn't thrown up an EML. I changed the AFM due to the bogging down thing, and that is it. Revs drop a bit low on idle with all the electrics on at the moment though

But yeah, no problems at all. Perhaps I got a "pay rise announcement" day car

[Edited on 05-12-2008 by deano87]
20valver
Banned

6th Dec 08 at 01:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
At least you can tune a 1.2 8v. Ain't fuck all you can do with a 12v!

you can tune the 12v
Kurt

6th Dec 08 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No one cares what you think 20valver
corsa_rob

6th Dec 08 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andyc1234
1.2 8v over a 12v any day

4 cylinders ftw the win...slow and reliable or slow and unreliable...i know which i would choose here
N3CRO

6th Dec 08 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 20valver
quote:

you can tune the 12v

Don't even try pretending to know what you're talking about now, everyone knows you can't tune a 12v engine!
av it

6th Dec 08 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 20valver
quote:

you can tune the 12v

yeah just like a guitar
tune it to the sound of rock and then SNAP
just like your airbox mod you foolish foolish person
Corsa Matt

6th Dec 08 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a bad engine at all, Should last the lifetime of the car if looked after, Just not going to set the world on fire with performance.
am4nf

6th Dec 08 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my first car was a 1.2 8v corsa with 4 gears, the 1.0 12v beats it in acceleration but after about 60 the 1.2 beat it, managed to get 105 out of it tho.

[Edited on 06-12-2008 by am4nf]
gavin18787
Premium Member

6th Dec 08 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

crap mpg and very slow

but you can give it as much death as you like and it will come back for more

Good first car engine as you cant really kill yourself with it and you can learn a bit about cars by having a nice simple engine to work on

Drives supercharged Tec with torque

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » who thinks corsa b 1.2 8v................. 24 database queries in 0.0166759 seconds