corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » who thinks corsa b 1.2 8v.................

Poll: who thinks corsa b 1.2 8v.................
  yes
  no

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author who thinks corsa b 1.2 8v.................
ssj_kakarot

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 08 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
Originally posted by Sean-B
its a very good engine, very very reliable, and a 1.0 12v is not faster, only at the top end is it slighty quicker

Reedy's 1.0 12v was faster than my 1.2 8v.
Shit engines, as sjj said, underpowered to the point of being dangerous.
So what if it lasts for ages, so do genital warts.

i tell ya i feared for my life every time i saw a slip road approaching, never had rge guts to tackle one with a full car lol.
markx14xe

3rd Dec 08 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 12v sounds like tanks lol
markx14xe

3rd Dec 08 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have 1.4 16v keeps up with astra 1.6 sxi
mwg

3rd Dec 08 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant knock it for reliabilty. Unless my memory is playing tricks on me I think I replaced one sensor when I had just got mine at 44,000 miles then did about 50,000 miles on top of that in 2 years with just routine servicing every 10k. Didn't even change the cambelt or waterpump

My 1.2 16v seemed to always have sensors going wrong. Cost me quite a bit as the sensors weren't cheap.
markx14xe

3rd Dec 08 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it just fucked up after u had it lol
markx14xe

3rd Dec 08 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:L
Fonz
Premium Member

3rd Dec 08 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
its a very good engine, very very reliable, and a 1.0 12v is not faster, only at the top end is it slighty quicker

and my 12v was faster than ChrisCF's 8v

the trouble is no one is defining what makes and engine "good/shit"

the engine is bullet proof (ask CorsAsh) and realiable, it does as it was designed and intended. in contrast an engine fitted to a F1 car is only "realiable" for a very limited mileage yet hugely fast to drive - it does what it was designed and intended for

both are good engines but for very different reasons. yes the engine is slow, but it works. if it is stupid but works, it isn't stupid
sand-eel

3rd Dec 08 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Z20LET
quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
quote:
My nova 1.2 8v spi had 4 gears and did 118MPH, she loved it all of her hard life bless her!

how did ya get it to 118mph mine only did 98mph

was yours a nova with 4 gears?

mine was stripped, with decat, induction kit, tbh the speedo was probably optimistic hahaha

yeah mine was a 1.2 spi nova fun with 4 gears and a peco BB4
adz_gsi

3rd Dec 08 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2 8v s are far better than 1.0l i know as i have an 8v n my sis has 12v and mine kicks it ass but towards top end catches me up but dont underestimate these engines are really reliable 12v are awful feel like there constanly missfiring on idle
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

3rd Dec 08 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1.2 8v never gave my one bit of trouble until 115k when the oil pump failed and siezed the engine!

Survived the tide, regular cold start hammering, everything a 17yr old could throw at it!

Good job I had an XE sitting waiting

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Kurt

3rd Dec 08 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my special 1.2 8v kept up to jakeys 1.4 16v quite well.. infact on the way back from llandudno we might have hit 115mph

granted though give it a slight uphill gradient and it was shit!
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Dec 08 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by markx14xe
i have 1.4 16v keeps up with astra 1.6 sxi

Not a particularly hard task if I'm honest
Ellis

3rd Dec 08 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great engines in my expierences
Neo

3rd Dec 08 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 pages about 1.2 8v and only 1 instance of the words "bullet proof"....Has no one read max power rules about corsasport.co.uk ???

In my experience of having one:

Was uneconomic to the point i was getting around 24mpg due to the way you HAVE to drive it.

It was impossible to drive comfortably without foot on floor, and dangerous if you had to make sudden manouvers (pulling out of junctions etc)

Not reliable (in my instance), started leaking oil through the rocker cover and head.

Fun when i had it, but if i was offered on e for free now i'd turn them down ! IMO, terible enginer.
nova_gteuk

3rd Dec 08 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1.2 was awesome my mates in 1 litre saxo's,fiesta's and a 998cc mini used to blow me off the lights

Worst engine imo.

But mine never broke down once.
Mike GSi

3rd Dec 08 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
My nova 1.2 8v spi had 4 gears and did 118MPH, she loved it all of her hard life bless her!

how did ya get it to 118mph mine only did 98mph

was yours a nova with 4 gears?

mine was stripped, with decat, induction kit, tbh the speedo was probably optimistic hahaha

yeah mine was a 1.2 spi nova fun with 4 gears and a peco BB4

mine also had a BB4 LMAO
Carl

3rd Dec 08 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:
quote:

Shit engines, as sjj said, underpowered to the point of being dangerous.
So what if it lasts for ages, so do genital warts.

i tell ya i feared for my life every time i saw a slip road approaching, never had rge guts to tackle one with a full car lol.

My route to uni was all windy b roads, risked death many a time having to overtake tractors or if i was really daring i could squeeze past a slow moving lorry.
As mentioned shocking mpg too! most 8v enignes can take some hammer so thats hardly any brownie points imo.
DaveyLC

3rd Dec 08 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did anyone say timing chain?
av it

3rd Dec 08 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2 8v ftw they are more reliable than 12 volts and can handle more mileage but both are gutless
mattyross

4th Dec 08 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cannot praise my C12NZ enough for reliabilty and serviceablity. excellent engine.
deano87

4th Dec 08 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
2 pages about 1.2 8v and only 1 instance of the words "bullet proof"....Has no one read max power rules about corsasport.co.uk ???

Was uneconomic to the point i was getting around 24mpg due to the way you HAVE to drive it.

It was impossible to drive comfortably without foot on floor, and dangerous if you had to make sudden manouvers (pulling out of junctions etc)

Not reliable (in my instance), started leaking oil through the rocker cover and head.

Fun when i had it, but if i was offered on e for free now i'd turn them down ! IMO, terible enginer.

I agree the 1.2 8v is probably bomb proof, similarly to the 1.4 8v.

However, in contrast to Neo's experiences.

My 12v hasn't let me down in 28k miles. What has let me down, has been nothing to do with the engine.

Yes, it's slow, but, it'll sit at 60mph all day long, 70mph and even 80mph but it's screaming.

Saying that, I can get over 300 miles to a tank and average well over 45mpg. In contrast, I know people on here with 1.2 8v's that don't even see 250 miles per tank.

12v's only sound like tanks because the timing chain is up the swanny, much like many 8v engines I've heard with dodgey tappets etc. My 12v is quiet as a nut (when warm ) and has done 87k miles.

Personally, I think the X10XE is far superior to the 1.2 8v in every way, if looked after, like any engine.
mattk

4th Dec 08 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but if you have a 12v you HAVE to tell people you have a 1 litre

with a 1.2 you dont, and that alone for me was worth the worse fuel economy
deano87

4th Dec 08 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just say I drive a 12v, instead of an 8v. A Senator or Carlton had a 3.0 12v engine
SteveW

4th Dec 08 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the Merit engine is one of the best ever.. nothing ever goes wrong.. ok its about 40bhp but that doesnt matter..

bomb proof !!! more so than a C20XE
AndyCorsaSport

4th Dec 08 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by Neo

I agree the 1.2 8v is probably bomb proof, similarly to the 1.4 8v.

However, in contrast to Neo's experiences.

My 12v hasn't let me down in 28k miles. What has let me down, has been nothing to do with the engine.

Yes, it's slow, but, it'll sit at 60mph all day long, 70mph and even 80mph but it's screaming.

Saying that, I can get over 300 miles to a tank and average well over 45mpg. In contrast, I know people on here with 1.2 8v's that don't even see 250 miles per tank.

12v's only sound like tanks because the timing chain is up the swanny, much like many 8v engines I've heard with dodgey tappets etc. My 12v is quiet as a nut (when warm ) and has done 87k miles.

Personally, I think the X10XE is far superior to the 1.2 8v in every way, if looked after, like any engine.

A 1.2 8v wont see 250 miles to a tank? Has it got a leak? I get more than 250 in my 130bhp 1.6 sport?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » who thinks corsa b 1.2 8v................. 23 database queries in 0.0187609 seconds