corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Got given a Netgear router, can i use it

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got given a Netgear router, can i use it
Bullet Proof SRi

User status: Offline
28th Nov 08 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im currently on talktalk broadband using a plug in modem they gave me, my mate just gave me a sky broadband Netgear router as they sent him 2.

Can i use this with my talktalk to go online and with my PS3, some1 told me to press the reset button on the front of the router then use my talktalk disc to load wireless settings in then it should pick it up and i use the key from this router and it should work,

Does anyone know if it will work or if it is locked to sky some how
Nismo

28th Nov 08 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The SKY Netgear routers are flashed with a SKY firmware you will need to flash the router back to a Netgear firmware first. (Search Google foR a tutorial)

Once reset you will need to configure it with your currrent talktalk broadband user details then it will work fine with your PS3, you wont need to use your talktalk disc to do any of theat.
Nismo

28th Nov 08 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depending on which model of SKY router you have, see this.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/skyDG934.htm
Bullet Proof SRi

28th Nov 08 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont have the cd, just the router itsself, maybe i should just go buy one.

I have seen a belkin one locally for £40 with a manufacturers lifetime warranty, are these anygood.
andy1868

28th Nov 08 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just have a look through this site mate, you may need to perform a factory reset on the router first (it'll be a small hole that needs a pin or something to push. turn the router on and hold the button for 10 seconds or so until the lights start to flicker at random)

then follow these instructions, they should sort you out

Netgear Setup

New Poll