corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Wired Networks...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wired Networks...
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Nov 08 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not just about having the wires terminated properly, its to ensure the connection is good.
Andrew

25th Nov 08 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed. I've not done much with cabling, we contract someone in to do all that for us.
pow
Premium Member

25th Nov 08 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will said it. Just make sure you have an extra metre on each end of the cables to allow for end fuck ups
Cosmo

25th Nov 08 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'll be running the wires myself - well saying that I'll be standing there whilst I tell someone up in the roof where to direct them too then dealing with the rest of it myself

Network wont be handling anything big, PCs will mainly be for net and general use. Biggest thing will be the POS software but again this wont require anything major.

CCTV will be getting linked upto it too so can monitor it from mine should the alarm go off so I can decide if a baseball bat is needed.
Cosmo

25th Nov 08 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Is the network just for PCs? As you could put in a POE switch so at a later date you could utalise the network for CCTV, Access Control, intelligent building management etc..

For the extra few quid id consider a POE switch, Linksys do a good 24 port switch.

Going to look into that now as may be able to save the money it would cost for the POE switch on the CCTV cost I was going to spend anyway
Cosmo

25th Nov 08 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scratch that idea, dome POE cameras with IR are about 5 or 6 times the price of normal ones
Nismo

25th Nov 08 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is your CCTV requirements? budget etc..?
Cosmo

25th Nov 08 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
What is your CCTV requirements? budget etc..?

Certainly nothing major, as its Bridal its hardly something with a high level (any!) theft during trading hours which is when CCTV is the most use.

I was going to go with something similar to the other shops, which is dome cameras in the main trading areas (would be about 5 in this place) and then two outside (one front, one back). All would need to be IR. These are then linked to the recorder which is then part of the LAN so I can remote view all the cameras. This is a must as if the alarm goes off I get alerted and getting online to check via CCTV is my first point of call.
Nismo

25th Nov 08 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm ok, you dont really need IR, you can have LED White Lights that are triggered by a PiR, so much cheaper than IR and do the same job when viewing the cameras.

All depending on budget i would recommend Mobotix IP cams as these are by far the best, but not the cheapest they have more features than any other cameras on the market, they do everything from email / txt / call on motion / temp changes / db levels... they have built in memory so if your storage system fails then the cameras always have backups of the latest events, the list of things they do is endless! Id look at the D22 or M22 as you only have a small requirement.

As for storage and recording id look at Milestone Basis+ this again is the industry leader in IP CCTV, it can be installed on a PC running and MS OS, just chuck a few TB HD's in and you will have about 30+ days recordings, packed full of features and haas remote web clients and remote software clients so you can view and playback events remotely on your PC / PDA / Mobile.

But as i said its all down to cost etc...
Cosmo

25th Nov 08 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, will look into all that
Nismo

25th Nov 08 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any questions just ask as i work in IP surviellance, Access Control etc..

Few links

White Lights (very very bright) - http://www.rayteccctv.com/white-light/

Milestone Basis+ - http://www.milestonesys.com/products/ip_video_software/xprotect_basis_+plus

Mobotix (ignore prices can be had cheaer ) - http://www.mobotix.com/eng_GB/Products

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll