corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Broken bonnet release, help needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Broken bonnet release, help needed
choppa7

User status: Offline
1st Nov 08 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car is a 96 corsa trip.

The bonnet release handle has come away from the footwell and the plastics have broken, I can grip it together but I think the cable might have either stretched or come away from the latch unde the bonnet.

I just bought the car 2 days ago, the bonnet opened and shut ok then but I'm not sure whats gone on in the mean time.

Is there a way of releasing the bonnet catch from outside the car?
fazza

1st Nov 08 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the cable is still attached then just pull it
choppa7

1st Nov 08 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cabe is attached but I dont know if its come away from the bonnet underneath
DaveyLC

1st Nov 08 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bonnet catch on the corsa is just a poxy spring, you should be able to use something to reach through the grill and catch onto it, if you can get it you need to pull it towards the passenger side of the car.
choppa7

1st Nov 08 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whoop sorted. I had a look at a vectra release o see how it worked and Davey is right.

By urling a tie wrap round the sprung arm bit and pulling it towards the passenger side, it popped open

Jobs a goodun!!

Cheers chaps

New Poll