corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bonnet stuck, release cable not working

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bonnet stuck, release cable not working
ChrisBoom

User status: Offline
20th Nov 07 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to fit a new bonnet release cable to my car for the MOT as you could barely open it, and you had to use a set or pliers to pull the cable as the handle was broken.

Changed the cable OK, checked it, seemed to be opening the lock fine. Closed the bonnet, and now the fucking wanker wont open. Tried banging the bonnet, pulling the cable like fuck, then I felt the cable slip or break, either one, so im fucked.

Any way to open the bonnet?
flybikeslee

20th Nov 07 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need to get car on ramps ideally then reach up and release.
Limecat
Banned

20th Nov 07 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, sure is.

If you can get something on the spring on the slam panel you can lever it out of the strike pin which is how it retains!
ChrisBoom

20th Nov 07 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
need to get car on ramps ideally then reach up and release.

Just had it on the ramp about 2 hours ago doing the waxoyl

Shall pop it up again tomorrow, see if i can get the bugger.

VegasPhil
Premium Member

21st Nov 07 at 00:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can undo it, make sure the catch is loose enough. Give it a good soaking in WD40 and try and move it with your hands etc.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
MastahP

21st Nov 07 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine did this! I found if you get someone to push down on the front of the bonnet and then use the release lever it popped open. Dont pull too hard, I snapped my release lever :S
RichR
Premium Member

21st Nov 07 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The able is fastened to the slam panel by a cable plate; I found that literally having the cable 1/2" out prevented the bonnet from opening - took 3/4 weeks to get it set correctly.

To open the bonnet, you need two people, one to pull the cable; the other to sit on the bonnet and push it down as hard as possible. When hte cable gets pulled and with the weight still on the bonnet pull the release under the bonnet; takes some jigery pokery but it works on mine

New Poll