corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Nearly fixed my cars problems but still something persists...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nearly fixed my cars problems but still something persists...
marklaruk

User status: Offline
21st Oct 08 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok after changing numerous mass air flow sensors and a new icv, my mechanic told me from the codes my ECU was giving out that it was that (the ecu) which was goosed!

Got a second hand ECU and put that in yesterday. The car doesn't lack power anymore, doesnt jerk when coming off accelerator and responds as soon as the pedal is touched which it didn't do before...

There is still a problem though which seems to have got worse since! When i start the car up it has a problem to keep going and cuts out or will rev very very low and seems to get worse right down to about 200 revs where the whole car shakes to fk! Before the new ECU was put in it was'nt this bad. To keep it running i have to use accelerator when i start it up.

If i am also coming up to a junction to stop or go very slow the engine just cuts out and has to be started up again, and the only way to stop this is to put it in neutral as i'm coming up to the junction with some speed. Although the revs drop the cars keeps running.

ANY ideas????

[Edited on 21-10-2008 by marklaruk]
Richardhhha

21st Oct 08 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does the speedo work?
marklaruk

21st Oct 08 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep
DAZ1985

21st Oct 08 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont the ecu's have to learn?

tps?
marklaruk

21st Oct 08 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mm tell me more please???
doncs
Banned

21st Oct 08 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem...turned out it was the map sensor hose had a crack in it...check yours, my garage sid hes had several corsas in with cracked ones...hope this helps
Tom
boz_gsi

22nd Oct 08 at 02:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check for air leaks ect, corsas usually have this problem when the speedo isnt working, was the icv u changed a bran new 1??
marklaruk

22nd Oct 08 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for replies i will check map sensor.

the icv was a new one and the guy at my garage has just told me if i pop it down to him on monday theres a lad he knows at vauxhall and hes gona find out how much we can step the icv up. Sound right?
Torsa g

22nd Oct 08 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as daz said the icv and other sensor have to self map and calibrate to the engine, i cant see you stepping the icv up on it, not 100% tho

Tom
marklaruk

22nd Oct 08 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

since the new ecu after 30-40 miles of driving the idle and cutting out got worse and seems to not be getting better. Do you think because of the new ecu its responded in this way and is having trouble calibrating to it?
george

22nd Oct 08 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

disconnect the battery for about 15-20 mins, this will reset the ecu. then reconect and start her up and the ecu will reset all sensors. also could be the throttle position sensor, its right next to the icv. change that if the ecu reset doesnt work. hope this helps
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Oct 08 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by george
disconnect the battery for about 15-20 mins, this will reset the ecu. then reconect and start her up and the ecu will reset all sensors. also could be the throttle position sensor, its right next to the icv. change that if the ecu reset doesnt work. hope this helps

If he's bought the ECU second hand, then surely it will have been disconnected for way longer than 15-20mins anyway
george

23rd Oct 08 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suppose so, i didnt think of that. my bad
jamiegap2007

23rd Oct 08 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem and it was the water temp sensor in the thermostat.

New Poll