corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How Many People get this.......

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How Many People get this.......
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   25th Feb 08 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whenever i get to working on my car like today i adjusted my hand brake by removing the rear drums both sides and giving them a good clean up etc, then under sealed the rear end, painted the rear drums again, washed it and done. Then i get the "You should buy yourself a new car, then you wont have to be getting dirty all the time" speach from a number of people! hold myself from saying look i actually like having to do this and enjoy the up keep of my older car.

Rant Over
jimmy 2.1

25th Feb 08 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i get that too.

Happened at work on Friday when my van decided not to start due to a switched live to the ECU being broken somewhere. That could happen to any car not just a modified car! Someone even said call out the RAC! My response was, what are they going to do? Tell me the engine's seized up then bugger off! lol

[Edited on 25-02-2008 by jimmy 2.1]
Dan295

25th Feb 08 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

happens to me a lot tbh specially as i live in a laa dee daa area, people i know learning to drive in 57 clio's etc
Ricky352

25th Feb 08 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, hear this hit all the time, although i dont have the knowledge to work on my car that much

"Why get a bigger engine in that, just buy a new car"

Have to agree though i do enjoy working on and washing my car

[Edited on 25-02-2008 by Ricky352]
Dean_W

25th Feb 08 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad said to me why don't you buy a new car.

I said I like this one. He said and whats all this engine conversion crap about.

I took him out, needless to say he didn't get back in the fucker!
jimmy 2.1

25th Feb 08 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And then there's..."You've spent how much on your car!! You could have bought so-and-so car".

Yeah but i'd have probably spent the same amount on that
Ricky352

25th Feb 08 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the future we'll probably be saying the same things to our kids
deano87

25th Feb 08 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some Auntie couldn't understand why I went to take pictures of my car yesterday.

Most people don't understand that it's a hobbie/lifestyle, other than a means a transport.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

25th Feb 08 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i think this is the problem no-one actually understands that it is a hobby to some of us. I get the headshaking thing if i go take pictures of my car. I wish people would just worry about their own lives and leave us be!.
jambo166

25th Feb 08 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we get it all the time where we live but my point with it all is would they rather us spend all our money on drug and booze and have fuck all 2 show for it or have a nice car i no which i choose
corsa_rob

25th Feb 08 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh drugs and booze everytime hahaha...the up keep is gud fun i agree...i believe they dont make them as gud these days...all the electric stuff and safety features...waste of money! save the environment...buy an old car!
Graham88

25th Feb 08 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get it all the time.

I've kind of given in and done it though
karisma_corsa

25th Feb 08 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people in my area, even people with other cars, dont quiet understand modified cars and the up keep of them, ive got my 5 door 1.2 8v, every1 asks, why spend all that money on a shitty corsa!!

because its my pride and joy, thats why
Richardhhha

25th Feb 08 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate the ones when your working, and some chump comes up and says "i'll give you a fiver for the car mate" oh you just want to smak them in the head with the 22mm spanner you just undid the rear hub nuts with..
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Feb 08 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get it a lot.

So I ended up with an 05' Golf. That lives in the road.

Corsa gets the garage, and I still mess about with it every weekend

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
mwg

25th Feb 08 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't be arsed with all the hassle messing around fixing/maintaining older cars. Used to piss me off
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

25th Feb 08 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

End of the day, any car can go wrong, saying getting a new car so you won't have to fix it is bull, unless you buy a car still in warranty, then you just lose a load on them and have to get another when the warranty runs out, I'd rather use the money I'd lose making my older car better.

Plus, if I had a car that I didn't modify, I'd be changing it every few months cos I'd get bored, I like modifying mine, cos every few months something new goes on and changes the car, makes it look better or go better. If you've got a problem with fixing it, take it to a garage
scottmmw

25th Feb 08 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get that to. mainly from girls who dont understand its a hobby more than anything. the normal response is ' its just a car though'.
i understand that it can be taken too far sometimes but fuck it you only live once.
Matt H

25th Feb 08 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since getting the Astra I've grown to hate new cars Partly why Im getting rid

Oddly enough the best car I've owned has been the one that was technically the worst My old red runabout was a beast, could give it a bit of stick when it was cold without worrying about anythin breaking. If it did, I'd just fix it as cheap as I could

Obviously I don't count my 2.0 into this group, thats definately the funnest car I own. Pretty much for the same reasons only it costs more to fix

[Edited on 25-02-2008 by Matt H]
John G

25th Feb 08 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
Since getting the Astra I've grown to hate new cars Partly why Im getting rid

Oddly enough the best car I've owned has been the one that was technically the worst My old red runabout was a beast, could give it a bit of stick when it was cold without worrying about anythin breaking. If it did, I'd just fix it as cheap as I could

Obviously I don't count my 2.0 into this group, thats definately the funnest car I own. Pretty much for the same reasons only it costs more to fix

[Edited on 25-02-2008 by Matt H]

do you not like the coupe matt?

How come you are actually selling it already
Matt H

25th Feb 08 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like it, but I just don't "love" it.

Plus at the most I do 8 miles a day to get to/from work. That may be changing to 0 miles if I get the job I recently interiewed for. I do a few other miles here & there but it's not worth having a 5K car. Im selling so I can free up sme cash & finish my other car

Plus I do like the idea of another nail of a car
SAL
Premium Member

25th Feb 08 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My new car is a bit more reliable but i can still tinker with it, in fact everything iv done so-far iv done myself and enjoyed it...

my family hate it, mate's too... they all say get a better car etc ? wtf my corsa is ok
John G

25th Feb 08 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
I like it, but I just don't "love" it.

Plus at the most I do 8 miles a day to get to/from work. That may be changing to 0 miles if I get the job I recently interiewed for. I do a few other miles here & there but it's not worth having a 5K car. Im selling so I can free up sme cash & finish my other car

Plus I do like the idea of another nail of a car

You applied for the dole

I see what you mean, wouldnt have a 5k car for doin that distance myself, why didnt you just keep using the silver corsa for too'in and throwing.

And Matt do you really, honestly believe if you sell the coup you use the money to finish off the corsa me thinks not
WU-TANG- DAN

25th Feb 08 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of you on here have spent a lot on your cars, now if i was given what certain members had spent on their cars.....I think id be off to find a lexus.
swill_omnibus

25th Feb 08 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fairness, new cars on the market are more likely to have problems because with anything new, your always going to get teething problems with anything really.

At least with old cars, the known problems are known and theres already the knowledge base to correct it and know what to look out for etc.

I get it all the time when i mention about an engine conversion "just buy a car with the same capacity engine as the bodywork will be in better condition and at your cars age (R-reg) it's gonna start rotting soon"
Not if i maintain it it won't!! ............ With any luck.......

Precides, the old ones are the best

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How Many People get this....... 23 database queries in 0.1074350 seconds