corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » shed/garage and new building reg

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author shed/garage and new building reg
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Sep 08 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well got new fence this weekend and now want to clean up the garden, make patio and put up shed ( just fo me )

but what are the laws for sheds? i am intrested in new one, that kick in from 1st of october! read about houses and extension.. but what about shed? it would be a wooden one aswell..

we got about 2m at the side of house to a boundry(council ca park that only we use), so shed would be about 1.2 by 10 (that is meters).. so it would be about 0.8m between shed and house. i read something about it needed to be atleast 5m away from the house.. and 1m from boundry?

can any one shed any light on it for me please?
ash_corsa

16th Sep 08 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its a shed (i.e garden shed) and made from wood or metal - not bricks and mortar its classed as non-permanent so you dont need planning permission for it, make sure its not huge and not likely to cause neighbours any reason to complain too. No harm in a phone call to your planning office first though

AndyKent

17th Sep 08 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, check with your local planning department but generally sheds (or temporary outbuildings) will be classed under 'permitted development' meaning you are allowed without asking for permission.

Building Regs won't come into it if you're buying one of the shelf, but you'll be hard pressed to find anything 1.2 x 10 metres long!

Would be pretty unuseable though TBH - you'd have barely any space to walk once you've put a few things in there.....
daymoon
Premium Member

17th Sep 08 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was going to build one myself.. as can get hold of free materials.

i guess i will give planning office a call..

thanks for replys!
AndyKent

17th Sep 08 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right.

As I say though, I'd strongly suggest rethinking your plans for something so long and narrow - at least it out on the ground first and you'll see how tight the space is.......
daymoon
Premium Member

17th Sep 08 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

damn them laws!!!!

have to get metal one!

6x4 (in foot) seems the one i will have to go for... but its 120 of british pounds..

New Poll