corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X14XE Running Problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X14XE Running Problems
Craig P

User status: Offline
10th Sep 08 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All.
I have a V Reg X14XE Corsa Sport with 49,000 miles on it.But it has started to develop a few faults with the Engine and Gearbox/Clutch.
As i was going and coming back from footy tonight and i stopped the car but didnt knock it off the Engine managment light comes on,although it isnt on when driving.Also it revs by itself and the temperature is reaching 100+ sometimes but the fans do kick in.
But it just doesnt feel right(Sluggish,spluts and missfires etc)And it isnt going into gear very well.

Can anybody please help me out and tell me what it could be.Any help appreciated.

Im maybe thinking the ICV + EGR?And possibly just ajust the clucth maybe a little?

Thanks
Craig

P.s sorry for the essay.
luke85

10th Sep 08 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its reaching 95+ degrees while your driving then you probably have a problem with your thermostat or radiator, if it only goes to these temps when youve stopped then it isnt a problem.

If your struggling to get it into gear then the clutch may well need adjusting, is the biting point near the bottom or top of the pedal travel?

Idle control valves are prone to getting gunked up on these so this could be your idle issue but also check all your vacuum pipes for splits and leaks.
Craig P

10th Sep 08 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its reaching 95+ when im driving along,it never used to do it so thats why i think something isnt right.

My biting point is nearer the bottom then the top i would say.Ill try ajusting that before spending any money.

Where abouts are these on this car and also how much is a new one?Would this cause my EML to come on?

Craig
Craig P

11th Sep 08 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bump,Please help!
Craig P

12th Sep 08 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone?
Will94

12th Sep 08 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could be a number of things causing this dude, like already has been said so long as it stays under 95 while ur moving then thats normal, these engines run warm when in traffic though so its normal for it to rise quickly when ur stop start driving. A thermostat isnt much though so no harm in changing jus incase.

As for the running, EGR's are a common fault and as aforementioned the ICV's get gunked up somethin chronic, mixture of oil from the breathers and soot from the EGR.

Best bet is to do a paperclip test to see what fault codes the ECU has stored
Craig P

13th Sep 08 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i have seen the temp rise to well over 100+ and i have just had a full coolant flush aswell!A thermo doesnt sound a bad idea though so i will get that changed and see what happens.

As for the paperclip test i read the tutorial for that before so i am going to give it ago.

Thanks for your help so far though people
barneykarl

14th Sep 08 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was the 100+ temp before or after flushing the system ?,possible air lock no harm changing the stat as cheap,could be water pump problem , is the rad in good condition, check the ICV and if you can clean the throttle body and check throttle body rubber seal ring and egr valve that should keep you busy good luck.
Craig P

14th Sep 08 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The temp was after the coolant flush.Yeah well im going to try a new thermostat see what that does.And i will check the EGR and ICV.I think the water pump is ok as i have hot air coming from my heaters if i knock it on etc but its due for a Cambelt so i will check it then.

Thanks

Will94

14th Sep 08 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a plan mate, some jobs are deffo worth doing while yer there

New Poll