corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine whine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine whine
jamesw

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 08 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got me beat.

Ever since moving battery to boot get horrible engine whine through speakers. Had a bit of a mess on today and it is as follows. I have 2 amps (one for components and one for subs). Im only hearing the problem through the one for componenets, maybe the problem is there on the subs but just cant hear the high freq.

The noise occurs when ignition is turned all the way on (is fine on first 2 clicks, and when car is running it changes pitch with RPM. The whine occurs even when HU on mute so is obviously not the headunit at fault. I have tried just having front left RCA plugged into chan1 on the amp and I get no whine at all. Ok so tried front left in chan2 - again no whine. Then tried front right in both channels and still no white! The problem only occurs when both front left + front right RCA's are plugged into the amp.

Anyone any idedea's whats going on?

[Edited on 03-08-2008 by jamesw]
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

3rd Aug 08 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the battery cable running next to the speaker cables?

jamesw

3rd Aug 08 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not directly next to each other, one down either side of passenger seat....
Dave A

3rd Aug 08 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be a ground loop problem. try running the engine without the alternator belt on, if it solves the problem look at getting a ground loop isolator, like this from maplins:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Free_UK_Delivery/Ground_Loop_Isolator_33172/Ground_Loop_Isolator_33172.htm
Dave A

3rd Aug 08 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

however, you can get better quality ones.
jamesw

3rd Aug 08 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, someone did mentioned one of these ages ago but wasnt sure as I get a whine even without engine running, for sake of a tenner deffo worth a shot though

New Poll