corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Whoa...a hissing sound from an engine? wierd(x14xe warning)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whoa...a hissing sound from an engine? wierd(x14xe warning)
calidus

User status: Offline
   1st Aug 08 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey people after successfully doing a cambelt on the heap and using it for a while, i pinged the bonnet for the odd route round see if anything inspired me and i found a hissing/sucking noise coming from near the throttlebody, i have had a good provisional poke and tightened the hose between throttlebody and inlet but its still there, any quick pointers? many thanks in advance guys and laydees
deex

1st Aug 08 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds liek an air leak

lower inlet manifold can sometimes do this.

best bet is to get some carb cleaner or something similar and spray it round the area and when the revs jump up thats where its coming from

hope that made sense
SportBoy

1st Aug 08 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is about 10 million vac pipes round there . the little rubber bends on them often split over time

[Edited on 01-08-2008 by SportyBoy]

New Poll