corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » knocking noise...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author knocking noise...
Spoons

User status: Offline
8th Jul 08 at 07:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey ppl.. i have a 1.2 16v sxi corsa b and i have recently had the head gasket and the head replace due to the gasket going and the head getting to hot.

I have had my car back for about a week now and i have started to notice that when i start her up in the mornings or after i have not used it for a few hours that it seems to be making a nocking noise... but once i have driven the car down the road for a while the nocking has stopped??

anyone know what this could be?
DaveB

User status: Offline
8th Jul 08 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like the exhaust manifold to me, once the car has heated up the exhaust has probably expanded and 'sealed' itself.
Check the bolts on the manifold.

New Poll