corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » What cables?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What cables?
Fad

User status: Offline
6th Jun 08 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right started off with an idea of just mounting my LCD on my wall and now decided fuck it why not to all the way seeing as I now have to mount a ply wood pannel behind the plasterboard.

going to run the cables through the wall which should be easy as its plasterboard and possibly a dry lined wall (I hope)

What cables shoud I invest in? Also to minimise the amount of wires I am going to run I will be investing in a decent amp to run everything off. Any recomendations for an amp?

Cheers!
xa0s
Banned

6th Jun 08 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Onkyo 605 all day long for the amp (£300 new).

If you do get that amp, you'll only need one single HDMI to your TV, unless you ever want to use VGA. If you do, run a VGA lead too.

That's it.

One HDMI lead, and the power lead (and an aerial if you have no freeview/Sky).

What's your budget for an amp? If you need something cheaper, get a Onkyo 505. If you can invest £400 then I'd get the updated Onkyo 606 (same as the 605 but it has 2 more HDMI inputs and upscaling).
xa0s
Banned

6th Jun 08 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 605 is the heart of my setup:

Fad

6th Jun 08 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice!

May only stretch to the 605 looks bloody big
xa0s
Banned

6th Jun 08 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A review from Creative Audio:
We started receiving requests for this amp over 6 months ago, when news of its arrival first hit the USA Home Cinema forums. Immediately, everyone recognised the 605 as a real winner, because it was one of the very first amps to fully support the high speed, high bandwidth, dts-HD, Dolby TrueHD and Deep Color formats that will be used by future HD sources, such as Blu-ray and HD-DVD. If you want to know all the technical ins and outs, see below, or you can simply trust me when I tell you that this is one of the most significant products we've seen in a long time. To be able to accept 1.3 HDMI, have 2 HDMI in and 1 HDMI out, to be able to up-convert non-HDMI sources to HDMI and have excellent iPod connectivity for just £399. It's absolutely sensational! None of the other manufactures have anything that even gets close to matching the amazing 605, unless you spend double the money.

7.1 receiver
1.3a HDMI Switching (2 IN, 1 OUT)
Up-conversion of all video inputs to HDMI
3 component inputs, 1 component output
Bi-Amping Capability for Enhanced
140 watts at 6 ohms
Powered Zone 2 audio output
Auto Setup, via plug- in mic
5 digital inputs (3 optical, 2 coaxial)
DTS-HD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby digital plus and Dolby TrueHD decoders
Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Digital and DTS decoders
Dolby Digital EX and complete DTS-ES
24-bit/192 kHz DACs for all channels
Dimensions - Width: 435mm Height: 174mm Depth: 377mm
xa0s
Banned

6th Jun 08 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Nice!

May only stretch to the 605 looks bloody big

Any "decent amp" (your words) would be as big (if not bigger) than the 605.

New Poll