corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Projector recommendations

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Projector recommendations
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
19th May 08 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need a new one. Not really so much wrong with the one I have already except it's designed to sit on a desk so when you hang it from the ceiling you need to adjust the keystone, which means the picture isn't as sharp.

I'm after something 1024x768 res, preferably nice and quiet so I can watch a film without missing the quiet bits or waking the neighbours
drunkenfool

20th May 08 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Budget? If its for films, why not look for a native 720p resolution aswell instead of a native computer monitor resolution Any preference over LCD or DLP?
Ian
Site Administrator

20th May 08 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£500?

No preference over the type although I read price for price LCD are quieter?

I use it for computer stuff a lot, like Facebook and Youtube with mates round, not sure how it works if it it's native 720p - I'm guessing it's not as sharp if the computer can't do that res?
Tim
Site Administrator

20th May 08 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The computer will be able to do the res. I run my MediaCenter in 1920x1080 (1080p) -- NVidia just has a dropdown to select 720p, 1080p, etc...
drunkenfool

21st May 08 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DLPs are brighter but can suffer from the rainbow effect, which some people can notice more than others. When i bought my home cinema projector, i went to some proper showrooms to test them out, and I ended up going for an LCD because I couldnt stop noticing the rainbow effect on the DLPs and it really detracted from the experience. Personal preference tho i guess! DLPs are brighter though, so more versatile in thast respect.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd May 08 at 00:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Room is in darkness whenever I'm using it so that isn't so much of an issue.
drunkenfool

22nd May 08 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id def go for an LCD then over DLP. You looked in any home cinema mags, or looked at homecinemachoice.com ?

New Poll