corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Web Hosts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Web Hosts
AdZ9

User status: Offline
7th May 08 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking for some web hosts for my new portfolio site. Basically needs quite a bit of hosting, PHP support etc. Not to bothered if domain isn't included as i can get a redirect etc. I haven't looked for hosts for years so don't know who the best is etc, hopefully some of you will be able to help me out

Cheers
AdZ9

7th May 08 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looked at: http://www.uk-cheapest.co.uk/hosting.php

£69 for business hosting for the year, unlimited bandwidth and 2gig of host space, looks quite good. Anyone used these before?
Dom

7th May 08 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally i would look at Vooservers.com or Tsohost.co.uk, both really good, well priced and most importantly UK hosted - i have a prem package with tsohost, £50 for the year, 10GB space and 125GB of monthly storage, no complaints here

Word of warning, if it says unlimited, read the T&C's like a hawk - Bandwidth is expensive and no one gives anything away for free, so there's bound to be catch somewhere. Also you'll find US based hosting is a lot cheaper but at the cost of slow access times (theres a few hosts that are fairly decent) but if it's mainly to be access from the uk then spend the extra pounds and get a UK host.
Also read reviews and do a little on the hosting to see if anyone has had previously problems etc. And i would opt for buying you're domain at one place and then hosting somewhere else, saves a lot of hassle if something goes down the swanny
AdZ9

7th May 08 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow thats good help thx Dom, just looked at that tsohost.co.uk and they look the nuts. £50 for a year for that seems very good, based in london too is a bonus! So i don't have to register a domain with them? But what if it i get a 123-reg domain (who ive used before) and dont have a domain to tell it to redirect too?
Dom

7th May 08 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdZ9
Wow thats good help thx Dom, just looked at that tsohost.co.uk and they look the nuts. £50 for a year for that seems very good, based in london too is a bonus! So i don't have to register a domain with them? But what if it i get a 123-reg domain (who ive used before) and dont have a domain to tell it to redirect too?

No you don't need to register a domain with them, but you NEED to have a domain for the hosting account. So i would purchase the domain first (from your domain provider) and then during the setup of your hosting account they will ask for the domain to be registered to that specific hosting account etc.
Then it's just the case of adding the nameserver dns settings to your domain's control panel, give it 24hrs (usually you'll be able to access it within a few minutes) and then you'll have full access - it really is a piece of piss as they say

Yeah, tsohost seem great, i haven't any problems with them and the reviews seem to be spot on.
WATSON

7th May 08 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eukhost )

New Poll