corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Clutch Creaking when pressed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clutch Creaking when pressed
holywoodj

User status: Offline
3rd May 08 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting seriously tired of being on here every week. Last week I couldn't change gear so I forked out £90 for a new clutch cable. Got in the car after and it had a noticably high biting point, but I could change gear as smooth as ever. No problems.

Today, the first time I take it somewhere other than my 2 mile work drive... This horrible creaking noise from the clutch, it often feels harder to press aswell. And it doesn't sound like the type of thing some WD-40 can fix. It's also even clearer and louder when the boot is open looking at the brand new clutch cable. And don't get me wrong you can still change gear as smooth as normal but I just fear that's not going to be the case for too much longer...again!

*Sigh......*

Any ideas folks?

[Edited on 03-05-2008 by holywoodj]

holywoodj

3rd May 08 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully this will give us more of a clue. If I'm to take a guess, the creaking sounds more like its coming from here as opposed to the brand new cable.

It moves when the clutch is pressed, some sort of pivoting arm. I'm a total noob so I don't know what it does. All I want to know is that if it isn't simple to fix and I leave it, will it have some sort of catastrophic effect?

Cheers

holywoodj

3rd May 08 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any ideas?
SRI-LEE

3rd May 08 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get some one to keep pressing the clutch in and out and squirt it with some spray grease or wd40 until it goes shud work we do it at work
holywoodj

3rd May 08 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm gave that a try, maybe needs some more
swedge

4th May 08 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine creaks aswell lol

i tell people its a new kinda dump valve

but yeah some ub40 on it should work
Craig P

5th May 08 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It might be the clutch release bearing and if it is just leave it my old corsa used to do it and it never bothered the car its just quite annoying.
Its quite a big job to fix so its upto you really.But without hearing the noise then i cant be 100% sure.
holywoodj

6th May 08 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it gives you any moe clues, for some reason over the past couple of days (maybe cause of the hot weather) It has stopped, and occasionally starts up again. This information help at all lol?
alan-g-w

6th May 08 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C-R-A-I-G
It might be the clutch release bearing and if it is just leave it my old corsa used to do it and it never bothered the car its just quite annoying.
Its quite a big job to fix so its upto you really.But without hearing the noise then i cant be 100% sure.

Did it sound like a kind of squelching noise when the clutch was down? Mine's doing that just now and I've been told it's the CRB
holywoodj

7th May 08 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah this is like a proper creaking, seems louder the lower you push the clutch too. What's CRB?
Cossie

7th May 08 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Solution !!! I had the same problem after changing my clutch with a new one too and remove it again after a year I found out that at the shop the vendor had given me a wrong clutch it was from a daewoo (f16 gearbox) as it has same splines but depth of clutch was different the creaking was the fingers of the pressure plate when open hit the fly wheel bolts !!!!

New Poll