corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Running bike carbs/bike throttle bodies on a C20xe

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Running bike carbs/bike throttle bodies on a C20xe
Dan295

User status: Offline
24th Apr 08 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will leave the welding to the pro's to be honest, i could have a go but it would look shiiiiit, i will see nearer the time as i say this is just research at the moment, im not sure on which sensors are vital at the end of the day really
ed

25th Apr 08 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What the fuck is going on in here. I heard something about carbs fuel injectors and management all being used in the same engine then lost interest because it makes no sense.

If you are going to be using bike carbs you need an inlet. They are easy to come by as Bogg Bros. make them and you can buy them off the shelf for the most popular fittemements. You want carbs with a 40mm inlet. I know that some bikes use a 35mm inlet. Saying that though you ideally need a 45mm inlet but I'm not sure if any bikes use that size. Somone else might know?

As for ignition. You can use electronic ignition management. Webber make a kit called Alpha Bronze. It allows you to map the ignition timing quite accurately. There are a lot of other options available out there too...

The other option is to use a mechanical system from an older Vauxhall. I believe that the system from a 1.8 MkI Cavalier can be retrofitted to the 2.0 engine. You can only advance and retard the ignition timing by a few degrees using this system, but if you want to save a few quid and raw performance isn't what you are going for then this is the right option.
Rybo

25th Apr 08 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i chose to also look into this (sorry to thread steal im curious )is it possible to convert a DIS pack xe to use the mk1 cav dizzy? if i changed the exhaust cam?then run inlet and bike carbs?
ed

25th Apr 08 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can do that, or you can attatch electronic ignition management to the DIS pack.
Dan295

25th Apr 08 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers ed, thats pretty much what me and warren were talking about, i have seen bogg bros and will be chatting to dave when the time is right,

the only thing i am curious of is whether the early 20XE (pre 93) will be easier to fit the carbs to and i did see webbers alpha bronze package and thought it was a decent bit of kit

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll