corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » eBuyer.co.uk service

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eBuyer.co.uk service
deano87

User status: Offline
18th Mar 08 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just tried installing my new HDD, 500GB Western Digital joby.

Anyway, plugged in all fine, went to put it in my case and could manoeuvre it in with the power and SATA cable attached because of lack of room. Out comes the HDD, consciously pull the cables out straight, not at an angle. So, pull the power cable, fine. Pull the SATA cable, "I'm sure the pins didn't look like that".

The plastic surround protecting the SATA pins on the HDD has snapped and is now in my SATA cable.

Odd I thought, but managed to get the SATA cable back on, albeit a bit wobbly. Started system up with XP disc in - didn't find the HDD. Damn.

Phone up eBuyer (on hold for about 8 minutes) and they say well, it could be fault of the user. And I say "well hang on, I've just unplugged and plugged back in my existing HDD and I haven't done it to that, so why would I do it to the new one?"

They say they shouldn't replace it but "what the hell" and are going to.

Pretty good service imho. Yes, it could have been my fault. But it could have also been the fault of the HDD. Yet they replaced it anyway. All I have to pay for is the postage to send the existing one back.

Lee Wilson

18th Mar 08 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never had to send anything back to them but I've used them and their pretty quick. Things I order are normally with me a day or so after
dannymccann

19th Mar 08 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to use them for my pc builds, every build I made at least 1 item would have to go back because it was broken or DOA and at a couple of points in the past they have had to have everything in the order back because the item was so broken it caused problems to other brand new hardware. Admittedly I always got my own way and they appear to have improved their delivery times but I refuse to use them even if they are cheapest due to all these problems

New Poll