corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » elec windows on a poverty spec

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author elec windows on a poverty spec
baz08

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 08 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there not a switched live connection goin to the speakers, lol or wud tht mean tht the windows wud only work wen the stereo was on lmao
baz08

3rd Mar 08 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have just tried to take a coser look a tmy fuesbox, undone the crews but cant get the damn thing out to have a look, does it just supposed to slide out or is force required (dont want to try n leave for uni in the morn n find a cant start the car) lol
Simon_16v

3rd Mar 08 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only thing going to the speakers is just cables that play music, no lives etc.

Do you have any spare connecin on the fuse board? With my live i just crimped a spade connector and placed it in the fuse box.
baz08

3rd Mar 08 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have about 3-4 empty fuse slots including the number 28 electric window slot, not sure if ther is any connectors behind them tho as cant get it out to look
Simon_16v

3rd Mar 08 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well there probably wont be. Just use a spare location where you can see there is a connector behind it. That way your gauranteed a live point
Simon_16v

4th Mar 08 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on, i want someone to get these windows fitted
baz08

5th Mar 08 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am still waiting for the main partz to arrive lol, then still to get the wiring, wud a scrap yard be cheaper for the wiring thn likes of ebay for example
Simon_16v

5th Mar 08 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah. I suppose you could say your looking for something and try find a corsa thats a high'ish spec and try get as much wiring as possible.

When i bought some doors the guy was scrapping the shell so he just cut it out for me. Saved me so much time rather then fucking about making connections
baz08

8th Mar 08 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alrite! my motors, door card and switches have finnally arrived, except the door card is black wen the pic showed it to be grey, also the motors look really old n shit lol, is there a way of testing if they work beofre actually fitting them, i.e. a 9V battery connected to the right connector pins?
Simon_16v

8th Mar 08 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose you could try and connect the 2 wires to your battery and see if it spins? You have to remember that the motors will be of an age as the youngest corsa now is 8years old and the oldest being around 15 lol
12vMatt

8th Mar 08 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just connect them up and see if they work before you fit them into the car, its what i did.
they should work fine even though they look scruffy.

whereabouts in sunderland are you mate? i might be able to give you a hand if you want
baz08

9th Mar 08 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will try running a wire or two to them to test before a start stripping anything out, a still need the loom wirring, will try and get that on monday, also the dorr handle coverings, will need to think of sum way to blank off the holes for the manual window winders in the card, aswell as possibly cut into parts of my existing door pocket to keep the interior colours matched, so its still a long way off being ready lol

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll