corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » WR Archive » RE: Nurburgring trips

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author RE: Nurburgring trips
ShEp

User status: Offline
11th Feb 08 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will there not be a few dissapointed people this year gettin refused some track action?

IIRC the new rules were coming into play where all modification's needed to be Tuv approved?

I could be wrong, in which case Edit>delete is my friend

If not, what can people do to avaoid being dissapointed as not a lot of UK stuff is Tuv approved.
Ste L

11th Feb 08 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only applies to german car's..

foreign car's dont need it, but it's up to the discression of the inspector

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/tuv/index.html
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
12th Feb 08 at 01:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the general consensus last time we discussed this was that so long as a UK car conforms to UK regs it should be OK. Definitely a point worth making though and if there's anything that can be done to increase your chances of actually getting on the track then I'm quite sure this should factor in the plans to go.
ShEp

12th Feb 08 at 06:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See I'm worried

German Inspectors= Nein, No modified car, NEIN!

Would be good if someone was in touch with them, with a list of cars and modifications before a trip goes ahead to save dissapointment,?
ClaireF

12th Feb 08 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah we went over to germany to go on the nurburgring never got on. But it as reallllly bad weather
AndyKent

12th Feb 08 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Ian says, so long as the parts you have used in modifying the car conform to UK regs (ie. are stamped as such, or have specific paperwork to say so) you will be absolutely fine.

I can't see each and every car getting inspected anyway, just to find a rogue mod buried deep within the car.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » WR Archive » RE: Nurburgring trips 23 database queries in 0.0058169 seconds