corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.4 sport - c20xe wiring loom

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.4 sport - c20xe wiring loom
jimmymc

User status: Offline
11th Jan 08 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi can anyone tell me where or how the c20xe wiring loom connects to the 14 sport corsa? im just looking for the info to try and get my car running. had a look under bonnet and there seems to be wires running everywhere and anywhere! lol
cheers jimmymc
phil_sutton

11th Jan 08 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take the 1.4 engine loom off if you havent already. Where this connects to the car loom is where you need to join the xe loom. Its colour for from the xe one to th car loom. Very easy.
luke85

11th Jan 08 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wires under the bonnet are left pretty much alone, they just go to the engine sensors and such like.

You will unplug your 1.4 ECU and leave the connectors hanging. then put the new ecu in place and the plugs wont match. the really important ones here are:

thick red (long one) - battery,
thick red/blue - fuel pump,
brown/blue - ecu light.
thin green - rev counter

then there will be a thin black coming out of the engine loom under the bonnet, near to the coil. This is the ignition switched live for the new engine and needs to be extended back into the drivers footwell to the thin black there.

Then the starter alternator loom on the corsa can be unwired from the old engine (it does the alternator warning light, oil pressure light and starter motor) and transfer these wires to the exact same place on the new engine.

then it should start up and run.

After that there are things like the engine temp, they are just colour matching to the same colour. And unused wires just tape up and keep out of the way:

Or do a search as im sure its been covered a thousand times
jimmymc

11th Jan 08 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think ive explained myself enough here my fault. im just asking as ive pickd up a 2.0 16v corsa and it wont run unless i disconnect the afm and cls . basically i have no history with the car i know nothing about it. i just want to go and make sure all the correct bits were fitted to it when the conversion was done. i need to know if the looms been changed, if its running the c20xe ecu (anyone with a part no.) and im just trying to find as much info on the conversion as possible so i can see how well (or not ) its been converted. and maybe at the end of it all i can get it running! lol
cheers jimmymc
luke85

11th Jan 08 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has it ever been running? a 1.4 ECU wouldnt even fit onto the XE loom so they havent kept the same ECU. When my AFM was knakared it wouldnt run unless I unplugged it. Are all the Vacum pipes on ok and not split?
jimmymc

11th Jan 08 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all the vacuum pipes seem to be ok i do have another afm but have been told its been tried on it but didnt work either . the car was running supposedly until the previous owner lost the key , so they hotwired it and is never run right since. its deffo not the immobiliser i know that much
cheers jimmymc
DAZ1985

12th Jan 08 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a helpfull diagram

New Poll